News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Brighton Match Thread

Started by KunDB, August 12, 2017, 16:52:39

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

CITY XI | Ederson, Walker, Kompany (c), Otamendi, Stones, Danilo, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, D Silva, G Jesus, Aguero

Come on City

KunDB

SUBS | Bravo, Bernardo, Sterling, Sane, Mangala, Foden, Yaya Toure

Gareth

Quite a variety on the bench there...

gavin

Team is as I expected. Looks very string and the bench is scary. Should be a great season. Come on City.

gavin

Disappointing in terms of play but in particular finishing again. Should be a goal up but can't really say we've created enough for all the possession we've had. Frustrating. Much like last season.

lee

agree gav..be nice if brighton gave us a proper match though

Gareth

Yeah, be nice for us because than they'd be easy beat. It's going to be like this a lot of the time, we have to be able to cope with it. It's the price of success.

KunDB

Too slow and deliberate allowing the defence of Brighton to get back into shape. Last season this season.

KunDB

Still trying to walk the ball into the net with the perfect passing goal.

KunDB

Gareth

Quote from: Zabba on August 12, 2017, 18:59:54
Finally direct and fast.

That reminded me of the mascara snake... "fast and bulbous"

KunDB

We need to sharpen up to win the PL. Easy enough after we scored but not silky smooth. 

bluebrendan

The supporters will have to be patient this season, there'll be plenty more parking the bus home and away. 3pts and job done.

Neil Mcnab

Decent, thats about it. Walker was good. Unsure that was the right formation for a team who park the bus.

gavin

Three points but not the greatest really. Sergio should be disappointed he only got one today but we were still lacking in creativity. Tricky against a team camped like that but still a lot of work to be done on breaking them down. Early days.

Yes, Walker was good.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on August 12, 2017, 19:32:36
Decent, thats about it. Walker was good. Unsure that was the right formation for a team who park the bus.
Yes, I think 4 at the back would have been better, it would give us more overlapping options to get behind the defence with Sane/Danilo or Mendy on the left and  Walker/Sterling on the right.

zacc

BHA's story made me think of how far City have come and they're starting their road of improvement.
They were very organised but  keeping the talented City at bay is a tiring process and inevitably City proved too strong.
Last season a commentator said " playing City is death by a thousand passes" which was the case yesterday.
Danilo had a quiet game but looks to be settling in.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: bluebrendan on August 12, 2017, 20:04:15
Yes, I think 4 at the back would have been better, it would give us more overlapping options to get behind the defence with Sane/Danilo or Mendy on the left and  Walker/Sterling on the right.
Yes, exactly.

My only concern is that Pep surely knows best, doesnt he?

nimrod

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on August 13, 2017, 16:13:04
Yes, exactly.

My only concern is that Pep surely knows best, doesnt he?

not when it comes to which pants to wear

gavin

It is his trainers which concern me. As regards the back three or four, I think we will be using both throughout the season. Back three worked well in the friendlies so not at all surprised he went with it. It will have more balance with Mendy on the left. I'm seriously impressed with Walker. Having full/wing backs that get up and back so quickly will be a major plus for us this season over last whatever system we play.

Neil Mcnab

Is it his missus who wears the pants, or was he wearing his missus pants.