News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Hard times ahead for Blackburn

Started by Stephen Paul, January 08, 2015, 13:36:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Blackburn's debt rises to £79.8m

Football
Posted at 12:18
Blackburn Rovers' net debt has risen to £79.8m as they struggle to comply with Financial Fair Play rules.
The Championship club are currently under a transfer embargo for breaching FFP regulations.
Under existing rules, clubs were permitted to lose no more than £8m in total last season, but Rovers recorded losses of £42.1m.

bry the guy

How many millons of pounds will their fine be for breaking the rules??Its stupid fineing clubs that are in debt becaus it just puts them further in debt fooking FFP blar.

Is it true that if they make the premire league they can tell the football league to do one or will the fine still be there if they get relegated again.

andy1966

They should be fined , why should only clubs that can afford it be penalised ?

Either fine all clubs or non at all

The Blue Blooded Maniac

To be honest I think its a silly punishment t as well, but what are the alternatives? Can only think of points deduction or getting put down a league, but then both of those can just make the problem even worse.

Lekos

I'm fairly sure a fine is only applied if the club in question are promoted to the Premier League.  Otherwise it's a transfer embargo as a first step. 

Might be wrong though...

clevblue

Fifa and uefa should be in support of struggling clubs, with the future of football in mind. Instead it's ownership, greed and exploitation that gets support - and the poor old football fans don't matter in the least

bry the guy

I thought if they were promoted they could avoid the fine cos the championship and league 1 etc are run by the football league.

andy1966

To be honest it would be great if the 26 million ? fine we got  was shared out amongst Our lower league clubs instead of going into the pockets of UEFA of FIFA or whoever
If that were the case , I wouldn't have a problem with the fines , and just maybe the clubs wouldn't either , as the money would be going to
"a good cause"

bry the guy

yes the money should remain in football and also should remain in the country of the fined club

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: clevblue on January 08, 2015, 15:11:44
Fifa and uefa should be in support of struggling clubs, with the future of football in mind. Instead it's ownership, greed and exploitation that gets support - and the poor old football fans don't matter in the least

Definitely. Its the people who run the clubs who are at fault who should be punished, and if they continue to plunge the club into debt the FA should be able to have the power to be able to take the club off their hands.