News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City away to Cherries Match Thread

Started by KunDB, August 26, 2017, 12:02:13

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

City XI | Ederson, Danilo, Kompany (C), Otamendi, Mendy, Fernandinho, Sterling, De Bruyne, Silva, Bernardo, Jesus

Subs | Bravo, Stones, Aguero, Mangala, Delph, Sane, Toure

C'mon City lets get on winning ways again.

KunDB

Mendy making his debut.

Aguero on bench.

Hesperus

gavin

Has to be three points and should be looking at that team! So much creativity but lets hope we finish it off.

KunDB

Started poorly poor cohesion, scrappy passing, Otamendi warning within 10 minutes and now a goal down after poor defending.

KunDB

Nearly two down after more weak defending, clinging on at the minute; which is hard to believe. We have been second best for first 20 minutes.

KunDB

Super pass deadly Jesus touch and finally starting to waken up.

1 1

Our quality is starting to kick in now.

gavin

Yes, City started slowly but I thought Bournemouth were also very good that first twenty. Normal service resumed for the last 25 minutes. We dominated but failed to make it pay as it should have done. Ref was also the usual standard - bottled a clear sending off.

KunDB

Refs just do not make decisions that favour City for some reason, clear straight red.

Rowley Birkin QC

I wonder if we should try shooting...

goat

crazy plan kenny but it might just work

Rowley Birkin QC

Seems to have worked reasonably well for Bournemouth so far (just hit the post)

KunDB

It seems that we are always relying on a piece of individual brilliance to score. We are otherwise somewhat inept creating chances in and around the box, because the build up is usually all too slow.

KunDB

Big break for us, this team needs time to bond and we could not afford to drop points again.

Rowley Birkin QC

KunDB

KunDB

Has any other player been booked or sent off for going to the crowd?

goat

to be fair it was fucking stupid to do it

Rowley Birkin QC

Yep. We are a very undisciplined side at times.

goat

world cup final, ok
champs league final, ok
winning league in injury time, ok

fucking bournemouth, fuck off

gavin

You should be allowed to celebrate. No reason for stewards or ref to get that involved. He should have been involved when there was a challenge that seriously endangered our player at the start of the second half. The priorities are all wrong. Still, the ref in the week was just as bad so you just come to expect it.

As for City, we are fortunate to come away with three points. There's been little clear progression from last season in the first three games. It is disappointing.

goat

Quote from: gavin on August 26, 2017, 14:37:03
You should be allowed to celebrate.

nobody stopped him celebrating, no need to take piss with it tho

Rowley Birkin QC

If Bournemouth hadn't time wasted so much - I reckon they'd have got their point. Serves them right.

Neil Mcnab

3 points, job done. Mendy looks like a very good addition.

silvablue

The red card surprised everyone bar the ref, harsh and unnecessary.

No red card for clearing sending off offence when Nathan Ake took out Jesus when clear on goal.

No red card for the lunge by Steve Cook on Jesus.

Red card (albeit 2nd yellow) for Sterling for celebrating an injury time goal.

Really!

lee

great to see eddie howe spewing at the end..thats what you get you cheating time wasting twot

bry the guy

Dose anyone else like me feel we are missing Yaya?

Hesperus

Ya Ya in his prime, yes. The Ya Ya of today, not so much. Think we are lacking something in the defensive midfield area though.

goat

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: goat on August 26, 2017, 21:39:59
never replaced de jong

I always said so.

Fernandinho is the closest we've got (I was over-joyed when we signed him - a whole year after we let De jong go...). Way better at the midfield defensive duties than Yaya, but Dinho is more an attack minded player than de Jong was. So we still need a true central midfield enforcer!

nimrod

Thought their shitty time wasting tactics lost them a point in the end  8)

we played great 2nd half of 1st half and showed character eventually to get get the deserved winner

Thought Mendy & Danillo looked really good, less so B Silva

Whats wrong with Aguero, he doesnt look himself

zacc

Quote from: nimrod on August 27, 2017, 03:28:03
Thought their shitty time wasting tactics lost them a point in the end  8)

we played great 2nd half of 1st half and showed character eventually to get get the deserved winner

Thought Mendy & Danillo looked really good, less so B Silva

Whats wrong with Aguero, he doesnt look himself

read this article the other day about changes to try eradicate this not saying agree with it all but sick of the so called tactic!! >:(

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/17/football-matches-could-reduced-60-minutes-radical-shake-up/

jingoe

We had time to spare before catching the train so we stood with a few dozen others by the City bus.

Yaya came out first and after posing for a few photos and autographs got onto the bus. He was on there alone for a good 20 mins before the others joined him in dribs and drabs.

Surely Bournemouth's hospitality arrangements  must be better than sitting on a bus on your own? Unless you've got a cob on of mega proportions because you didn't play?

gavin

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a bit narked at not having played a minute yet! In fact as a professional footballer he should be.

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on August 28, 2017, 18:49:48
I wouldn't be surprised if he's a bit narked at not having played a minute yet! In fact as a professional footballer he should be.

He should've moved on
It was obvious he wouldn't feature as much with the new players