News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

FFP, again...

Started by Hesperus, September 02, 2017, 07:08:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

Being reported that UEFA have been asked to investigate PSG and City for FFP breaches by La Liga.

UEFA Have come out to say they are going to investigate PSG but so far have not commented on City.

I hope we have got our accounts right. Apparently our net spend was 135 mill, just behind Utds (138 million), who won't be investigated for obvious reasons. I don't know what the PSG net spend was but I know they sold a lot of players too. I'd imagine that with the signing of Neymar and the loan signing of Mbappe that it wouldn't be much higher than our spend?  Could we be in trouble again?

I know the FFP rules are farcical, bent and downright wrong but they are still rules which unfortunately, we still need to abide by.

nimrod

I was wondering how we were getting around ffp with 400 million spent by Pep

maybe a good job we didnt sign Sanchez and JFE

gavin

La Liga are embarrassing themselves with their actions lately. There have been many questionable financial actions of their clubs and players over the years.

Hesperus

Agreed, it's all a bit rich coming from a league where Barca and Real have been artificially propped up for years 

nimrod

Swiss

That website puts us at

Transfer Expenditure:£221.7

Transfer Income: £94.1m not including the little loans.

Transfer Gross: -£127.6m

From the previous annual report covering the financial year to march 2016.
Non-transfer profit/loss
Profit: £392.6m
Loss: £295.8m
Gross +£90.753m

Our earnings were £149.4m from finishing third last year which is an increase by £52.6m.
Plus our £20m nexen tire sleeve sponsor.
But champs league earnings were £35m less
(Noting also that our wage bill has gone down but I can't account the figures at this stage.)
Should give us an operating profit of around £128.35m

So transfer Gross = -£127.6m
Operating profit = £128.35m

Profit of £0.753

Caveat - this post is not using actuals, but historical to give a rough idea. Given we were willing to spank £55m on Sanchez, there must be more money somewhere.

Swiss

Also, la Liga are complaining about where our money is coming from.

I can only imagine it's cause Etihad are owned by our owners, but then, we're not even getting the highest sponsorship deal in the prem

KunDB

Nice stats Swiss.

It is worth noting that Player transfer costs are amortised over their contract life so Ederson's £50m transfer cost would be say £10m per annum in the accounts.

We also got a £30m FFP refund which could go into this years transfer budget - thanks UEFA.

How pathetic is it to hear Barcelona squealing unfair at PSG and City, makes me laugh, they are hurting because they done so much to rig the system in their favour but failed. They also have thrived living off charitable donations from the state to further skew the playing field in their favour (with no action from UEFA).   

Hesperus

Nothing to see here according to UEFA. Good news!

Rowley Birkin QC

Barcelona and Real Madrid 'running interference' like Russian hackers in someone else's elections.

Swiss

Real Madrid were fined for receiving state backed payments (as were a lot of other Spanish Clubs) in the last couple of years...

Swiss

City seeking legal advice over the comments made by La Liga and Barce

gavin

That cheeky bastard who came to our City spouting bollocks should be taken straight back to the airport and sent out of the country with a kick up the arse. It is their clubs that got done for benefiting from state aid. Football is a business and people are allowed to invest in their businesses in most industries. Sheikh Mansour should be entitled to invest in his. But even if he is not; City is a profit making organisation. Who is the chairman of la liga to judge how much sponsorship is worth to companies or state tourist authorities? I didn't hear him moaning when Qatar sponsored Barca but they apparently shouldn't be allowed to sponsor PSG to whatever level they like.

Like it or not, and I'm firmly in the not camp, we live in an capitalist society and I don't see why football should be exempt from that because it suits a few clubs and leagues that want to run a cartel to benefit the established order.

Rowley Birkin QC

Hesperus

He has certainly been incredibly rude to come to Manchester and insult us so brazenly, not to mention how selective he is in his comments about financial doping considering the financial help both Barca and Real got.

It's so obvious his comments are wrong, I'm actually really annoyed that the UK press. Rather than reporting his inaccuracies and blowing holes it, making him out to be a fool. Our press hasn't even tried to defend us and has just run with his rubbish for a headline.

I hope City follow through on their threats and take legal action against him. It's time City stopped playing nice and started to push back on this stuff.

It would also be nice if our press stuck up for us for a change, but I guess I'm really living in cloud cuckoo land with that wish.

nimrod

Our Press Office seems next to useless

and tbh if I wasn't a City fan Id probably dislike us was well

KunDB

We should appoint PR firm Bell Pottinger. Lol

KunDB

Now Arsenal are outside the elite money spinning CL competition Wenger and Arsenal become anti-FFP rules.

Hypocrisy is an everyday occurrence in money greedy football. Wenger is King of the hypocrite's club.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/07/arsene-wenger-calls-end-ffp-rules-u-turn-arsenal

EXTRACTS
Arsène Wenger has lost faith in one of his guiding principles and called for financial fair play to be scrapped. The Arsenal manager says clubs have found a way to bluff around Uefa’s regulations and it has effectively rendered them unenforceable. He feels that if the Premier League is to “remain the best league in the world” the decision must be taken to revert to no financial limits.

“Financial fair play raises new questions,” Wenger said. “I always did plead for it. Today, I am not convinced that we can maintain it. Football is maybe only at the start of a huge financial investment. It has become the most powerful sport in the world. It means do we have to open the door completely to investments? It is a question we have to raise because, aAt the moment, it looks like we have created rules that cannot be respected. There is nothing worse than when you create rules that are not respected.
“Maybe we are at the crossroads and we have to think, do we open it with complete freedom to investment for people like the Chinese and Americans, who want to invest here [in England]? If you want to remain the best league in the world, that is certainly the way we have to go.

“Do I want to get rid of financial pair play? I think so because there are too many legal ways to get around it. The question, at least, has to be raised. At the moment, it looks like you can buy clubs in China and get the players there, and buy them in other clubs, then get them, after, here. You can get around [FFP]. Am I convinced that, at the moment, the rules are strong enough to make it respected? I’m not sure.”