News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Dippers match thread

Started by KunDB, September 09, 2017, 11:32:12

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

City XI: Ederson, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Mendy, Danilo, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva (c), Aguero, Jesus

KunDB

Subs: Bravo, Foden, Mangala, Sane, Gundogan, Delph, Bernardo

Cmon City

gavin

Bit of a weird team with Danilo in midfield? Come on City.

KunDB

One up AGUERO

Our defence is a shambles, sort it out Pep.

With this defence we have I would put good money on us not winning the PL this year.

Otamendi a massive weak link in a three man defence.

KunDB

Gary Neville talking shite on red card studs up and in Ederson head, that is a red all day long.

KunDB

Sky commentators trying to blame Ederson for getting an upper cut with Manes studs.

KunDB

How can being a clear second best for a ball and going in leg stretched out head high studs first be described as a 50/50 fair tackle. Sky sports commentators anti-City agenda in full flow.

Rowley Birkin QC

The game is measured in milliseconds and i think Manes was making a genuine attempt for the ball, but he was late and he has to take the consequences raising the boot that high and showing studs. Protection of the head is fundamental now - in all codes. Clearly a red card. 

KunDB

Thank goodness Sky have accepted at half-time it was a high studs first late and dangerous challenge; as Moss clearly saw.

Rowley Birkin QC

Somebody explain that substitution to me? Why take him off?

zacc

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on September 09, 2017, 13:53:32
Somebody explain that substitution to me? Why take him off?
was wondering that too😜 
Ah no need to boo Milner is there? 👀

Swiss

The booing is for miners comments post city. Basically he made some disparaging comments.

Mane not malicious but still a red

Substitution, job done. Rest up the players

Rowley Birkin QC

I'd prefer building confidence (and an understanding) in our two prime strikers.

KunDB

I think Pep is experimenting through subs and proving some with game time.

Rowley Birkin QC

Nice goal. Clean sheet now please.

KunDB

Quality oozes from so many of our players. I cannot wait until we gel as a team.

KunDB

Jesus played two games for Brazil so I guess two goals and a rest makes good sense.

lee

watching it on nbc...never heard so much silence in a commentary  :D

mendy is a super player..great crosses today

KunDB

So much good today and players now bubbling with confidence.

zacc

Quote from: Swiss on September 09, 2017, 14:02:26
The booing is for miners comments post city. Basically he made some disparaging comments.
Ah right makes sense then
Lol Sane scores 2 x so that's me told

Rowley Birkin QC

Fair to say - two world class finishes from Sane.

lee

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on September 09, 2017, 14:40:25
Fair to say - two world class finishes from Sane.

his brother sausage is even better ken

Neil Mcnab

Great result.
Goals change games as did the very obvious sending off. Leaping in the air and still managing to kick our keeper in the jaw, it could not have been a more certain red.
We put a good team to the sword after that.
So a great result, but Pep still has a lot of things to work on when we are defending. I dont think he will do that work. If he doesnt, he wont take us anywhere fast. We were a poor second best for the first quarter of the game. 

gavin

I'm not convinced defensively but it's early days for a number of them. Great day.

lee

thumpin the dippers 5-0..what a day...remember the days when they did that to us every other season!!

Hesperus

Cracking result. Hope Ederson isn't out for long. I really like the look of him so far. Some lovely goals today too.

Swiss

He's up and about, got a few stitches but joking around.

It was a tough game before the sending off - completely destroyed them thereafter.

Defence - Well we did strengthen the Fullbacks, though we're still prob one short.

But these were the CB's we were linked with

Aymeric Laporte - Athletic Bilbao
Marquinhos - PSG
Holger Badstuber - Bayern Munich
Virgil Van Dijk - Southampton
Leonardo Bonucci - Juventus - Signed by AC Milan
Lucas Hernandez - Athletico madrid
Javi Martinez - Bayern Munich
Eric Garcia (16) - Barcelona - signed to city eds
Inigo Martinez - Real Socieadad

Bonnucci to AC I think caught everyone by surprise!
Van Dijk was too expensive
Eric Garcia too young but was supposed to be Barce's top youth prospect.

Which CB's would you look to city to buy?

Spurs have Alderwiereld & Vertonghen who have a great partnership

Hummels is probably as close to a 'Kompany' style player around, physically dominant.

Diego Godin?

gavin

I thought we had the better of the opening stages and were decent value for 1-0 before the sending off. They had a decent chance that Ederson saved but Stones also should have scored. I could see the sending off quite clearly even from the back row and was incredulous when I saw the likes of Linekar commenting that he thought it was a rubbish decision at half time. Seeing the pictures just makes it even more ridiculous that anyone could be of that opinion. It doesn't have to be deliberate assault to be dangerous play.

After the sending off we just outclassed them. Many will say well it was against ten men but it isn't always like that. We should still take great credit for a fantastic victory. It also shows what a great job we did against Everton when unfairly down to ten and 1-0 down.

De Bruyne was great today. Sergio took his goal well and was unselfish for Jesus' second. Jesus looked deadly. Mendy showed some promising bursts. Sane was looked like he could be world class when he came on. But on a day like today, all of the lads that played deserve a pat on the back.

goat

Swiss

goat

be a nice prezzie for him then

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: gavin on September 09, 2017, 18:04:16
I thought we had the better of the opening stages and were decent value for 1-0 before the sending off.

Yes, I also thought we were the better team before the sending off, but for the commentators and the pundits it was all about the red card (who seemed to conveniently forget we were already a goal up.

nimrod

Absolutely brilliant performance , we looked like Barcalona at times with excellent assists.

Let's keep it up

KunDB

Stones played very well as did Bravo when called upon though not much to do. Will Otamendi ever learn and stop being sucked in and diving in to tackles as attackers skips past him?

zacc

Quote from: Zabba on September 10, 2017, 11:04:47
Stones played very well as did Bravo when called upon though not much to do. Will Otamendi ever learn and stop being sucked in and diving in to tackles as attackers skips past him?

highly unlikely ::)

Gareth

I only got in after the match had resumed after the sending off, and the first thing I heard was "... down to 10 men ..." and I thought, oh, ffs, not again..."!

Neil Mcnab

Buying a CB from a league other than ours normally means a bedding in period. So writing off 6/12 months? If Van Dijk was the cure that Liverpool needed, why not us. Hummels is slow. Badstuber a sick note, Javi Martinez the same. I thought we should have gone for Alderwiereld when he left Southampton. The https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4429609/manchester-city-toby-alderweireld-tottenham-pep-guardiola-vincent-kompany/ Sun think we are interested, he would double or treble his pay with us. We need to make sure Spurs dont win anything and he will feel like moving on.

KunDB

Alderweireld would be ideal.