News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Olivier Ntcham

Started by shandon, September 13, 2017, 13:36:01

Previous topic - Next topic

shandon

I was watching Celtic getting mauled in the UCL again today and they said Olivier Ntcham was signed by Celtic from Manchester City in the last transfer window. I admit I hadn't heard of him. Was he at any point ever close to the first team or included in the preseason tour squads?

bluebrendan

He came through the academy, saw him a few times when he was at U-18/EDS level, he's a powerful central midfielder with a decent shot - not quite at the top level but he should have a good career. I can't recall him featuring in a pre-season game but I don't always bother with friendlies. He never really got close to a competitive first team appearance.

He was on loan at Genoa for two seasons and they decided not to take up their option to buy him, rumoured to be a disciplinary issue though I've not seen any details reported anywhere. Celtic picked him up for around £4m pre-season and they should make a decent profit if he develops as expected. I imagine we'll have a sell-on clause.

shandon

Thanks for the info. I think he scored a goal or two in the scottish league already, not that that means much   :D
Celtic might become one of our feeder clubs soon.

gavin

I don't hold out much hope for our kids. They have to hit too high a standard at a young age to have any chance to get in the first team. It is going to take a very special player to get a few games in the Prem or the Chumps. Foden is yet to make it off the bench and Pep was raving about him. But who can say we should drop Silva or De Bruyne or Bernardo to give a young kid a chance? It is an impossible quandary. Therefore he should have gone out on loan. But balls to sending them to Celtic or Turkey. Get them to a half decent Prem club to get some proper experience.

goat

must be kids there that offer more than some shite like delph

been 4 up twice in a week and thrown on the likes of  mangala and delph....  thats when the kids  should be getting a run out