News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Starting to believe

Started by Paddy, September 16, 2017, 17:18:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

that we can achieve great things this season

gavin

We were capable of great things last season but failed to deliver. We have improved this season at full back but I think the weaknesses from last season are still evident. I got too excited early on last season and don't want to make the same mistake.

Paddy

Gavin ! Be yeah of little faith. we are going all the way, so get on board...or jump ship lol

Paddy

We are supports, so start supporting and lets have positive vibes. CTID....

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on September 16, 2017, 18:00:44
We were capable of great things last season but failed to deliver. We have improved this season at full back but I think the weaknesses from last season are still evident. I got too excited early on last season and don't want to make the same mistake.

I completely agree, we need to stay grounded.

against lfc, nico struggled against pace
&
today Watford had some clear cut chances from high balls in the box

Paddy

Swiss I appreciate your stats, but they are only created after a match....

nimrod

Quote from: Paddy on September 16, 2017, 17:18:55
that we can achieve great things this season

Time will tell

Gav is right we started brilliant last season

Hesperus

The signs are encouraging but the fans and the players need to keep their feet on the ground and stay focused. Bigger challenges are yet to come.

shandon

Even in Pelligrini's last season we started well. We are becoming the kings of August and September  :P

zacc

enjoying the blue heaven but for me nowts counted fowl wise till a very well endowed lass has warbled her last ditty. ;)

Neil Mcnab

Otamendi looks like a decent player, until he needs to defend. Stones looks like a very good player, until he someone tries to go past him, which quite often they do. Since they wont be getting back up most of the time, its a big problem when we play teams who put us under any pressure. Vinny coming back will help, but how long will he be back for. We are similar to Liverpool, but with better players.
Confidence is high, everything looks rosy, for now.

gavin

Yeh, still lots of ups and downs to come I'm sure. Even yesterday we could have conceded a couple. Still, I honestly don't think there's a better club in the uk to be a fan of at the moment.

Ludo

Yes, centre back seems to be our Achilles heel at the minute. Kompany, excellent but made of glass, Stones full of potential but not there yet, Otamendi decent but spends more time on his arse than his feet and Mangala......he's just ....well, Mangala

Paddy

20 goals in last four games without reply. Don 't think that's been done before in the prem league !!!

lee

Quote from: Paddy on September 24, 2017, 11:51:24
20 goals in last four games without reply. Don 't think that's been done before in the prem league !!!

one for tony

KunDB

Set record of first team in PL to score 5 or more in 3 consecutive games.

We are fantastic going forward but still lacking in defence, despite all the clean sheets. Ederson is finally the goalie we have needed, top drawer.