News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

WBA Carabao Cup Match Thread

Started by KunDB, September 20, 2017, 19:30:02

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

City XI | Bravo, Danilo, Gundogan, Stones, Mangala, Yaya Toure (C), Delph, Bernardo, Sterling, Sane, G Jesus

Subs | Ederson, Walker, Adarabioyo, Fernandinho, Zinchenko, Diaz, Foden

C'mon City

Good to see the young ones get a chance: Yaya, Bravo, Managala, Delph

gavin

Bravo, Danilo, Gundogan, Stones, Mangala, Yaya Toure (C), Delph, Bernardo, Sterling, Sane, G Jesus

Subs | Ederson, Walker, Adarabioyo, Fernandinho, Zinchenko, Diaz, Foden

Would have liked Foden and Diaz to start.

Hesperus

gavin

Should be more than one at half time. We're playing well considering the number of changes.

goat

carabao is a thai energy drink made by ladyboys probably

incase anyone else wondered

gavin

52 passes from the kick off and we scored. They only touched the ball once which was their keeper parrying it to Sane who buried it. What a team.

KunDB

The team is playing with such confidence, it is wonderful to watch.

Rowley Birkin QC

KunDB

Hanging on now, in a game that should have been dead already. Ref has let WBA kick their way into this game.

KunDB

goat

no way should sane have got that much power and curl on that with pretty much no backlift. top  lad  him

KunDB

If only Sterling could shoot, he lacks confidence.

KunDB

Bravo performing massively better this season.

KunDB

A win is a win, but second half we lost control at times.

goat

Quote from: Zabba on September 20, 2017, 21:39:08
If only Sterling could shoot, he lacks confidence.

id settle for him being able to stay  on his feet more often

zacc

gavin

Second half we were rubbish. Bit of a lucky escape from extra time in the end.

Hesperus

Always good to knock a Pulis side out.

Let me guess, Pulis's post match comments, something like, 'for all the millions they've spent.... blah, blah, blah'. Feck off Tony, you can concentrate on your relegation battle now at least.

Rowley Birkin QC

Always like the way he changes into his suit for the post match interview. Such a muppet.

Hesperus

At home to a Wolves in the next round. Good draw for us.

KunDB

Rowley Birkin QC

Any news on Gundogan's injury?

[edit]

OK - not thought to be serious according to Pep

lee

we looked shit after ilkay limped off

KunDB

Quote from: lee on September 20, 2017, 23:25:12

Yes that seemed to be the point we lost control of the game, but we had been a bit hit and miss prior so I suppose it was on its way. Still a good performance with so many players brought in.

nimrod

Quote from: lee on September 20, 2017, 23:25:12

Hope he's not out for the season again

Thats the trouble with playing in these things like Caribou/ladyboy cup, a couple of bad injuries from a clogging shit team like WBA could cost you the prem or CL.

Rowley Birkin QC

nimrod

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on September 21, 2017, 01:44:11
Pep says no. Not serious.

Thank christ I really rate this bloke

was it on telly here Ken ?

Rowley Birkin QC

No. I was up early, so listened to the internet radio commentary.

nimrod

Bastard press, typical, I visit the DM football page, headlines and pics all about scum beating some painters and decorators, we beat a prem team away from home and you have to search for it, pure twatishness.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/index.html

zacc

Quote from: nimrod on September 21, 2017, 02:38:48
Bastard press, typical, I visit the DM football page, headlines and pics all about scum beating some painters and decorators, we beat a prem team away from home and you have to search for it, pure twatishness.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/index.html

Yeh all media babbling on about some red team beating an aspiring team and all other EPL teams beating minnow teams.
Barely a mention of the only Premier team tie !! Mind we'll worry when, if this changed.

gavin

It was a decent first half performance from us and a decent result in the end however it was a disappointing night in many respects.

It was very disappointing that Foden and Diaz didn't even get a minute in the Carabao Cup. Young players would be better off elsewhere. There's not even a hint of progression to the first team in competitive football.

Our defence was very worrying in the second half. We could have conceded numerous times.

Again, we were far too profligate in front of goal when we were on top in the first half. The game should have been put to bed long before they equalised.

bluebrendan

Quote from: nimrod on September 21, 2017, 00:37:51
Hope he's not out for the season again

Thats the trouble with playing in these things like Caribou/ladyboy cup, a couple of bad injuries from a clogging shit team like WBA could cost you the prem or CL.
All the more reason to give players like Foden and Diaz a chance in this competition, why else are they part of the first-team squad this season? If they're not going to get some first team experience they'd be better off out on loan.

Swiss

No one's mentioned yaya. Was the a ghost?

bluebrendan

Quote from: Swiss on September 21, 2017, 12:52:05
No one's mentioned yaya. Was the a ghost?

He should have been subbed off at HT for me, he had no energy at all, looked well out of condition and I can see why he's not made the bench recently.

nimrod

Quote from: bluebrendan on September 21, 2017, 12:51:29
All the more reason to give players like Foden and Diaz a chance in this competition, why else are they part of the first-team squad this season? If they're not going to get some first team experience they'd be better off out on loan.

Yeah dead right, this should be where you use them.....puzzled

Swiss

Difficult match with result in the balance, do you gamble on youth or go for more experience?

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on September 22, 2017, 04:18:07
Difficult match with result in the balance, do you gamble on youth or go for more experience?

whats the point of youth if you never play them even in shit cup ?

Hesperus

Depends if Pep agrees with your opinion that the league cup is shit. He's also under pressure to deliver a trophy this season so he may be taking this seriously.

I criticised Pep last season for not taking it seriously, the cup last year was there for the taking and it would have relieved some of the pressure on him this season.

Personally I like this cup, it gives silverware early in the season and could provide a springboard for us to make a final push on the league.

goat

Quote from: Hesperus on September 22, 2017, 08:23:10
he may be taking this seriously.

he started bravo, mangala and yaya, hes probably not

gavin

He said it was a waste of energy today which makes it even more curious why he didn't through some kids in. We played a more experimental side at the sty last season.

nimrod

Quote from: Hesperus on September 22, 2017, 08:23:10
Depends if Pep agrees with your opinion that the league cup is shit. He's also under pressure to deliver a trophy this season so he may be taking this seriously.

I criticised Pep last season for not taking it seriously, the cup last year was there for the taking and it would have relieved some of the pressure on him this season.

Personally I like this cup, it gives silverware early in the season and could provide a springboard for us to make a final push on the league.

It could also provide some injured players, players that we need to win the 2 big things.

Yes he needs to win a trophy and I might be deluded but I dont think the League cup would cut it really. From what he says i get the feeling he hates the cups, Id have guessed it would be a good chance to play some kids as well as fringe players, these lads must get really frustrated.

Anyway sounds like pep would like to bin it
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4910170/Man-City-boss-Pep-Guardiola-plays-League-Cup.html

shandon

I thought people like Delph, Mangala etc were 'fringe players'?

Ludo

I don't think it gets more fringe than Delph, Mangala and Bravo.

nimrod

Quote from: shandon on September 23, 2017, 06:03:02
I thought people like Delph, Mangala etc were 'fringe players'?

Yes they are
Thats why I said he should play some kids along with them