News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

WBA Carabao Cup Match Thread

Started by KunDB, September 20, 2017, 19:30:02

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

Quote from: Hesperus on September 22, 2017, 08:23:10
Depends if Pep agrees with your opinion that the league cup is shit. He's also under pressure to deliver a trophy this season so he may be taking this seriously.

I criticised Pep last season for not taking it seriously, the cup last year was there for the taking and it would have relieved some of the pressure on him this season.

Personally I like this cup, it gives silverware early in the season and could provide a springboard for us to make a final push on the league.

It could also provide some injured players, players that we need to win the 2 big things.

Yes he needs to win a trophy and I might be deluded but I dont think the League cup would cut it really. From what he says i get the feeling he hates the cups, Id have guessed it would be a good chance to play some kids as well as fringe players, these lads must get really frustrated.

Anyway sounds like pep would like to bin it
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4910170/Man-City-boss-Pep-Guardiola-plays-League-Cup.html

shandon

I thought people like Delph, Mangala etc were 'fringe players'?

Ludo

I don't think it gets more fringe than Delph, Mangala and Bravo.

nimrod

Quote from: shandon on September 23, 2017, 06:03:02
I thought people like Delph, Mangala etc were 'fringe players'?

Yes they are
Thats why I said he should play some kids along with them