News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Chavski v City

Started by nimrod, September 30, 2017, 01:47:17

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

Im getting the same feeling about this game as I do about the rag games, I suppose because its so much in focus in the media, and now this latest news re Aguero seems like we are jinxed. It feels like a bad omen on top of the unexpected Mendy injury, Vincent is a huge miss as well.
Apart from the loss of these 3 players I feel Otamendi is our weaklink, I think they will pull him wide attacking down the channels and he will become isolated out wide and through lack of speed end up on his arse again. Really wish Vinny was fit.
Wonder if Pep will play 3 or 4 at the back ?

Its vital that Pep motivates these lads psychologically, dont want a repeat of last season when we fell apart after losing DeBruyne and Spurs shit all over us.
Remembering what happened last season in the 2 games against the chavs is frustrating as we couldve easily won both games but when KDB missed that tap in it seemed we were doomed.
Id definitly keep KDB in his deeper role as I think our defence is profiting from him being nearer to Fernandinho.
Anyway my line up would be;

-------------------Ederson------------------------
Walker-----Stones----Otamendi-----Danillo
---------------Fernandinho------------------------
--------De bruyne-------D. Silva------------------
Sterling-----------Jesus-------------Sane---------

bbk

I share your concerns about our capacity to keep Chelsea out. Our back line has not been tested and, unless Fernandinho has a blinder, I can see us losing this one by 2 goals. How Otamendi is anywhere near that team has to be one of the mysteries of human history. I would take a draw now and just sack the game off.

Gareth

Yes, I agree with that XI, based on current available resources. Central defence is clearly the weakness.

bbk

I would go B. Silva ahead of Sterling.

Otamendi gives me the fear.

zacc

as per unpredictable really hope City are up for this ! :cityscarf:

nimrod

Quote from: bbk on September 30, 2017, 08:05:15
I would go B. Silva ahead of Sterling.

Otamendi gives me the fear.

I was wondering about that whether Bernado would help to retain the ball higher up the Pitch, but then we lose the goal threat from Sterling

Ludo

I'd be tempted to go 4-2-3-1

Eds
Walker  Stones  Otamendi  Danilo

Fernandinho Gundugan
      Bernardo.  Debruyne.  Silva

Jesus

Swiss

lee

deffo play gundugan in the middle  with fern

Hesperus

I think it's still a bit early for Gundog in such a big game but having him as an option on the bench is a big positive. 

bbk

Quote from: nimrod on September 30, 2017, 09:24:03
I was wondering about that whether Bernado would help to retain the ball higher up the Pitch, but then we lose the goal threat from Sterling

Bernardo creates more and ball retention = less chance of Otemendi being involved in play. I don't want to seem like I am having a constant go at Otemendi but he isn't up to it by any stretch.

goat

probably falls over less than sterling too

bbk

To be blunt about Sterling, he will not be with us long term. He isn't good enough for where we want to be going for me. Bernardo is significantly better based upon what I have seen of them both.

Neil Mcnab

I like Ludos team for this, if Gundog is fit he must play. Sane will feel unlucky not to get a start. Would settle for a draw, Pep wont, so I go 1-3 to them.

Hesperus

With Aguero missing I'd play the players in scoring form. Sane and Sterling.

KunDB

Starting Eleven   

Ederson, Walker, Stones, Sterling, De Bruyne, Delph, Sané, Silva (C), Fernandinho, Otamendi, Jesus

We will need 98% possession to keep a clean sheet.

SUBS | Bravo, Danilo, Gündoğan, Mangala, Silva, Zinchenko, Touré

Gareth

So, Nimmers' XI except for Delph instead of Danilo, I think. Just preference for a natural left-sided player at LB?

gavin

Decent first half without the final ball or finishing touch. But I think Chelsea will be better second half. We've dominated them. A draw would be a decent result.

KunDB

That was a sublime performance all round.

Gareth

goat

lee

made them look average..superb football from start to finish

Neil Mcnab

Fantastic result, not even a nervy last few minutes. Tactical master class, can we start to believe? There are always minus points. Sane was snuffed out of the game. Otamendi still has a clumsy moment in him. Sterling, I am still not convinced.

Hesperus

Awesome performance. We played them off the park, start to finish.

They are a good defensive unit though. Sane and Jesus found it hard but I though Sterling was great, especially in the first half.

Great win. That performance certainly sends out a message. Just hope KDB was not hurt at the end.

Lekos

Huge result. Played lads  :cityscarf:

KunDB

Only 1 complaint, how come we got 2 yellow cards and persistent fouling Chelsea got none?

gavin

Same every week regards refs. According to bookings we're dirtier than the opposition most weeks and yet we're continually booted around the pitch.

Anyway, a masterful performance from City in so many ways. I don't want to complain about anything. We are head and shoulders above anyone else as a footballing team.

KunDB

A big, big pat on the back for Delph standing in for Mendy at left back and who was outstanding.

I cannot praise him enough, and all the rest of the team superb display away at a very good team.

Hesperus

Quote from: gavin on September 30, 2017, 21:05:16
We are head and shoulders above anyone else as a footballing team.

This!

zacc

Ludo

Excellent all round performance today even if we did lack a bit of a killer touch up front.

A special mention for Delph as well, he was superb at left back.

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on September 30, 2017, 21:05:16
Same every week regards refs. According to bookings we're dirtier than the opposition most weeks and yet we're continually booted around the pitch.

Anyway, a masterful performance from City in so many ways. I don't want to complain about anything. We are head and shoulders above anyone else as a footballing team.

I don't think there is anything to complain about, it's very very rare to go a game without letting the opposition have a chance. And this game we restricted one of the best teams in the league & defending champions to 2 shots on target and only 38% possession.

The difference this year is that we have a better keeper and we have more confidence at the back. There's also quicker movement and a feeling that all players are constsntly moving, no passengers.

Mendy might have a hard time coming back into the team if Delph continues like this (And stays fit)

Gareth

If Pep can turn Delph into a player, surely we shouldn't be anxious to get rid of Sterling just yet...

bbk

nimrod

Quote from: Gareth on October 01, 2017, 08:45:56
If Pep can turn Delph into a player, surely we shouldn't be anxious to get rid of Sterling just yet...

Get rid of sterling ??

at last we have 2 fast fluid wide men

nimrod

Quote from: Ludo on September 30, 2017, 22:15:41
Excellent all round performance today even if we did lack a bit of a killer touch up front.

A special mention for Delph as well, he was superb at left back.

Delph was pretty incredible imo
He was more than just a left back, he seemed to move at times into a more midfield role when reqd and when the pattern of play allowed, really good job done by him, surely under instruction from Pep.
It seemed to give us more solidity in midfield and with out 2 widemen stretching them they just couldnt get in the game.
Im not sure Mendy wouldve been as effective.

Swiss

Mendy would have offered more up top, we did lack movement in the box.

But there's two different weapons there

Swiss

The change are getting on Willian's back, saying he was the worst player them. I thought he was the only player for them that looked arsed!

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on October 01, 2017, 18:37:59
Mendy would have offered more up top, we did lack movement in the box.

But there's two different weapons there

Im not sure Mendy wouldve been going forward Swiss.
We had respect for them, we didnt allow Walker to venture forward, relying on our two wingers for attacking width

Peps tactics were spot on, we nullified their play, although we had a lucky break when Morata went of.

enjoyed this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK37HgcYt0k

Rowley Birkin QC

Good read this thread. Not sure what you were all worried about :)