News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City Toffee Thread

Started by 93:2012, January 10, 2015, 14:22:17

Previous topic - Next topic

93:2012

Starting 11
Hart, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Navas, Silva, Nasri, Jovetic

Subs
Caballero, Kompany, Kolarov, Aguero, Lampard, Sagna, Sinclair

Come on City

bry the guy

gavin

Navas finishing is absolutely abysmal. Jovetic also guilty but it is just too many times from Navas in recent matches.

gavin

Lukaku found it so easy to go past Mangala there it was scary.

gavin

Not a great half from many angles. We never made the keeper work despite possession. Shooting was very poor. Everton barely threatened but when they did they found it all too easy to very nearly score. Still it is 0-0 and we were the better team almost throughout the half. I think we will get better in this second half.

Swiss

I'd say Jovetic is more guilty than Navas! Afterall it is his bread and butter!

But yes, Navas has been guilty too.

But the majority of that first half was awful! Can't pass, can't shoot! We're always second to the ball and none of our forwards want to head the ball.

Good save from Hart though.

gavin

Over this half the Jovetic has been more numerically guilty but Navas missed our best chance and has missed far too regularly in recent games. You don't mind so much if they make the keeper make a save but a professional footballer should be getting it on target from there.

gavin

Lukaku making Mangala look a bit shit here. Good job he can't get past Hart so easy.

gavin

I almost didn't think it was going to happen then. Nice to see Fernandinho get one for a change.

gavin

goat

must be time to find a new keeper

gavin

Wasn't great by Hart but in truth we didn't deserve much more from the game than we got. Very poor performance against a poor Everton side.

Victoria

Hart is  overrated;i have always said this and today is no different. He got away with one as I don't think it was a foul; he dropped the ball; a fair challenge by the Everton player. In addition, he should of come off his line quicker for the Everton goal, second best on a cross is not good enough; get rid he is a liability.

Zabba

3 games 3 hart howlers. Yes we need to get ourselves a top top keeper.

andy1966

I don't rate our other keeper either , he looks very nervous and lacking confidence

Bring back Pants

gavin

He was definitely fouled for the disallowed goal. Nevertheless it was a poor misjudgement from him for the goal. The guy should have been marked better too though. There didn't seem to be a City challenge against him really.

Ludo

Quote from: Chesapeake Blue on January 10, 2015, 16:54:41
Hart is  overrated;i have always said this and today is no different. He got away with one as I don't think it was a foul

The flag went up for offside not the foul.

Ludo

Too many players not showing any sort of passion or will today.

Navas flatters to deceive, Jovetic is simply not good enough at this level, Mangala had a mare and Joe simply doesn't inspire confidence.

It shows howmuch we miss that big lazy fecker Yaya.

Victoria

In fairness City have not played well all season but have managed a result or two. I thought we played well today but still lacked that killer instinct in front of goal; City did have chances today but tried to be too clever and walk it in.

goat

Quote from: gavin on January 10, 2015, 16:53:28
Wasn't great by Hart but in truth we didn't deserve much more from the game than we got. Very poor performance against a poor Everton side.

jovetic made dzeko look clinical

Neil Mcnab

Everton are a bogey team and going to Goodison is never easy. Sloppy finishing.
If Bony comes in, Jovetic to be sold or go out on loan. No point in keeping him, because when he gets his chance in the team, he isnt delivering.
Cant see Hart being binned off. We keep Boyata, who is neither use nor ornament, just because he is "local". Especially as Milner looks like he is going in the summer.

Rowley Birkin QC

Poor finishing - and some very sloppy passing when not under any pressure let us down today. Too many promising moves and build ups broke down because someone couldn't complete a fairly rudimentary pass. Both the two F's in the middle at fault at times (although they were otherwise pretty good). Silva was fantastic - but not enough of his team mates on the same wavelength.

Hart at fault for the goal, although I think we have to give Everton some credit for a very well delivered free kick. (And Hart saved our bacon with the earlier one handed save...)

Can anyone explain to me what the point of the late Kolarov for Nasri substitution was? Baffled me.

goat

fed up with nasri losing the ball maybe or hoping he could nick something from a set piece

Rowley Birkin QC

I thought Nasri was all right. Far worse culprits on the pitch when it came to losing the ball.

goat

aye, at least nasri was losing it  from trying to force something and not from just being sloppy

Victoria

Quote from: Ludo on January 10, 2015, 18:00:14
Quote from: Chesapeake Blue on January 10, 2015, 16:54:41
Hart is  overrated;i have always said this and today is no different. He got away with one as I don't think it was a foul

The flag went up for offside not the foul.

either way he messed it up :(

andy1966

Why the hell did we buy Sinclair ?

Ludo

You could say the same about Navas.

Swiss

Quote from: Sir Rowley Birkin QC on January 11, 2015, 00:31:49
Poor finishing - and some very sloppy passing when not under any pressure let us down today. Too many promising moves and build ups broke down because someone couldn't complete a fairly rudimentary pass. Both the two F's in the middle at fault at times (although they were otherwise pretty good). Silva was fantastic - but not enough of his team mates on the same wavelength.

Hart at fault for the goal, although I think we have to give Everton some credit for a very well delivered free kick. (And Hart saved our bacon with the earlier one handed save...)

Can anyone explain to me what the point of the late Kolarov for Nasri substitution was? Baffled me.

Passing was bloody crap for most of the match!

I agree, the whole defence was at fault, but the free kick was a good one too!
There were a few occasions where a player got a head on the ball unchallenged.

I'm assuming he was there to unleash his left foot if we won a free kick or get more direct crosses in the box for Kun to run on to...