News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Set pieces

Started by Ludo, January 12, 2015, 19:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludo

City have taken 123 corners in the Premier League since we last scored from one.

Nuff said.

Zabba

As I said on the Wilfried Bony thread:

I often wonder how a team like us with so many big players can be so piss poor and ineffective at dead ball situations; attacking and defending.

I long ago give up any expectation that we might score from corners.

bluebrendan

I think the opposition have scored more goals from our corners in that time.  :headbang:

Under Mancini we were the best in the league. I don't understand why Pellegrini doesn't vary them a bit, about 90% are outswingers.

goat

the size of the players isnt really the issue, problem is how can players like nasri and silva not do something a bit different

this is a corner
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/2013/may/great-fa-cup-goals-eyal-berkovic-v-ipswich-2002

Lekos

Quote from: Ludo on January 12, 2015, 19:38:28
City have taken 123 corners in the Premier League since we last scored from one.

Nuff said.

Bloody hell.  The average is 1 goal per 17 corners, so that's pretty shocking!

Ludo

I'm wondering if they even practice corners and set pieces in training or do they just lump it in the box and hope for the best.

goat

on the other side, if they did practice them hart might not be so shit coming out for them

Ludo