News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Feyenoord CL Game

Started by KunDB, November 21, 2017, 18:38:32

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

City XI | Ederson, Walker, Mangala, Otamendi, Danilo, Gundogan, Yaya Toure, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero (C)

Subs | Bravo, Foden, Delph, Silva, Fernandinho, Diaz, G Jesus

No start for youth! No Kompany as I expected. Aguero seems to be preferred for CL games with Jesus preferred for PL games, in the main.

C'mon City lets keep up this record unbeaten run.

Ludo

I suspect Foden at least, will get on at some point tonight.

KunDB

Not needing a win as a must has meant a touch laid back tempo and game first half. Played a bit like a friendly.

Gareth

Yellow means KDB suspended for next CL match.

KunDB

Need to rest loads of players for last game of CL.

Pretty pedestrian tempo tonight and yet still won with a lovely goal.

Rowley Birkin QC

Aus TV not showing this one (went for the usual ratings grab and showed the Liverpool game. Ha! How did that work out for you!?).

SBS showed the Napoli match - but all the inane chatter in the studio afterwards is all about "how on earth did Manchester City not score more goals - and what's with Pep's team selection?"  (An apparent lack of comprehension as to what was at stake in our game...)

Just showed the Sterling goal. Excellent! (Studio pundits still talking over it about Pep's team selection! They're obsessed.. )

Ludo

Not a great watch tonight and a few of the fringe players were less than impressive.

Bernardo and Gundogan could have done a bit more to catch Guardiola's eye and Mangala looked nervous every time the ball came close. On the plus side Foden did OK and Diaz had a decent little cameo appearance.

Neil Mcnab

A poor game by recent standards. Mangled looked like a fish out of water playing out from the back. Toure pushed back the years a few times, but looks past his sell by date. Ederson looked fine, bar one outfield mishap. Danilo looked assured, but he does against the lesser lights. Great finish by Sterling.
Expecting even more changes for the trip to Donestk, or wherever Shaktar play now. A lot of the squad who will be turning out for the derby should be left at home.
Aus TV did you a favour.

gavin

Not the greatest but another win. I hope we show more enthusiasm, pace and teeth in the coming games. Pep said he will kill them if they show complacency. He could be starting a long sentence soon lol.

Rowley Birkin QC

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on November 21, 2017, 22:09:58
Not the greatest but another win. I hope we show more enthusiasm, pace and teeth in the coming games. Pep said he will kill them if they show complacency. He could be starting a long sentence soon lol.

Aye, won't go down in the history books that match.

It'll be interesting what happens to napoli in the final match

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on November 22, 2017, 08:03:46
Aye, won't go down in the history books that match.

maybe will for Fodens debut