News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

rags beaten by basil

Started by gavin, November 22, 2017, 21:38:43

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Not sure whether it was Basil Fawlty or Brush but always good to see them get beat. PSG hammered Celtic 7-1.

KunDB

Jose being Jose, thought game was all but wrapped up and just played for a point.

He is so negative and I can only breathe a sigh of relief we got Pep and not him.

Lekos

Celtic are an embarrassment

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Shows how shit the Scottish league is considering they have dominated it for so long.

And they want to join the PL? Jokers

Ludo

I don't think there's any chance of Celtic joining the Premier League thankfully because it would only take 3 or 4 seasons before they'd be challenging for the title.

Don't underestimate Celtic''s size, world wide fan base and potential.

lee

Quote from: Ludo on November 23, 2017, 12:29:36
I don't think there's any chance of Celtic joining the Premier League thankfully because it would only take 3 or 4 seasons before they'd be challenging for the title.

after lots of relegations yes i can see them challenging for the league 2 title

nimrod

Quote from: Ludo on November 23, 2017, 12:29:36

lol

gavin

I think Celtic and Rangers would make the Prem more interesting so I'd be for it. It is great to have big, well supported teams to play. Hell, I'd even welcome back Leeds. The more big games the better. It'd take them a long while to compete at the top though I think.

Ludo

Quote from: nimrod on November 23, 2017, 19:38:32
lol

Not sure what the "lol" is for, you obviously don't know much about Celtic as a football club. Give them the buying power of even a mid table premier league club and they'd be a magnet for top players. They've a worldwide fan base, a history and a respect throughout Europe that we'd be envious of under normal circumstances.

nimrod

Quote from: lee on November 23, 2017, 18:13:09
after lots of relegations yes i can see them challenging for the league 2 title

Only if we let them keep Patrick Roberts Lee, without him no chance :D

Gareth

Quote from: gavin on November 23, 2017, 20:47:22
I think Celtic and Rangers would make the Prem more interesting so I'd be for it. It is great to have big, well supported teams to play. Hell, I'd even welcome back Leeds. The more big games the better. It'd take them a long while to compete at the top though I think.

'Interesting' in the sense that you'd be able to get a regular close-up perspective on sectarian bigotry? Because don't kid yourself it's about football. Going to league matches involving the Hoops or the Huns, the atmosphere is hateful, spiteful, evil and violent. I've probably experienced more of it than most on here, and I can assure you it isn't just a matter of playing big, well-supported teams, and it is not great. It's about the crappiest experience you can have that is purportedly football-related.

Ludo

There no doubt that no one wants Celtic or Rangers in the premier league and it's never going to happen anyway. But there's a difference between not wanting them and underestimating their potential (Celtic's especially) to do do very well in it.

As for witnessing the sectarianism between the two I imagine it would in the most part be reserved for the Old Firm games.

Gareth

Quote from: Ludo on November 23, 2017, 21:59:16
As for witnessing the sectarianism between the two I imagine it would in the most part be reserved for the Old Firm games.

Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. It's the same bigots who watch their teams in Glasgow who follow them to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Perth...

goat

Quote from: Gareth on November 23, 2017, 21:28:13
'Interesting' in the sense that you'd be able to get a regular close-up perspective on sectarian bigotry? Because don't kid yourself it's about football. Going to league matches involving the Hoops or the Huns, the atmosphere is hateful, spiteful, evil and violent. I've probably experienced more of it than most on here, and I can assure you it isn't just a matter of playing big, well-supported teams, and it is not great. It's about the crappiest experience you can have that is purportedly football-related.

so thats a no from gareth

are rangers even a team anymore, last i heard about them a team from luxembourg beat them

nimrod

Quote from: goat on November 24, 2017, 13:38:42
so thats a no from gareth

are rangers even a team anymore, last i heard about them a team from luxembourg beat them

On the plus side, theres a load of pub standard lads who will be able to say to their grandkids "I once played for Glasgow Rangers"