News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Saints at home

Started by nimrod, November 27, 2017, 22:09:01

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

Just wondering if we should rest a couple for this, maybe Kev, but superkev seems super fit so is it best to play him every game?

Same with Silva

Or just keep a winning team ?

KunDB

I would just keep a winning team, as we never know when injury will strike giving players an enforced rest. I think Pep has a policy of resting key players by taking them off 15 minutes early on occasions, when possible.

Best policy is to score a few as early as possible, so we can then cruise a bit without playing at full pelt.

Ludo

It might be a good game for Fernandinho to get a fifth yellow so he serves a suspension against West Ham and is fighting fit for the rags.

Paddy

Playing the same layer all the time with rest; remember what happened with Geraud at Liverpool, burnt out. do we want Kevin to go the same way ?

Paddy

Kevin needs to be rested. To much expected from him, showed signs of tiredness on Sunday, also david

Paddy

An edit to my post "player" as to opposed "layer"

nimrod

Quote from: Ludo on November 27, 2017, 22:50:57
It might be a good game for Fernandinho to get a fifth yellow so he serves a suspension against West Ham and is fighting fit for the rags.

Good point

bluebrendan

Quote from: Paddy on November 27, 2017, 23:50:06
Kevin needs to be rested. To much expected from him, showed signs of tiredness on Sunday, also david
Even resting one of them is a risk as we can look a bit toothless, as we did against Feyenoord for large parts of the game - Bernardo Silva is not yet close to the standard of his namesake.

Dinho definitely needs to get that 5th yellow tomorrow, otherwise leave him out against West Ham, he's a must-start for the derby.

KunDB

Sane also 4 yellow cards so hopefully Pep will play both him and Fernandinho and tell them if they do not have a yellow with 15 minutes to go go foul someone and get booked.

Removes any worries of them missing the Derby or other key holiday games.

gavin

They'll get a rest in Ukraine but not against Southampton I suspect. As stated above, Bernard doesn't look ready to step in yet.