News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sanchez

Started by nimrod, December 05, 2017, 22:42:41

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

How much should we pay for him in January ?

Ive read reports that we will pay 44 million and now one saying we will pay 50 million.

If we wait till summer and he is on a free we risk losing him to Spain where he will be given the chance to play for the worlds biggest clubs, guaranteed silverware and of course better weather.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-transfer-news-manchester-city-alexis-sanchez-pep-guardiola-50m-bid-offer-january-transfer-a8092911.html

Lekos

Seems daft paying that much in January

zacc

love this player but do City need him for that money?
His friendship with Pep may swing it too

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on December 05, 2017, 22:56:25
Seems daft paying that much in January

Yeah it does
I'd offer 20 mill tops
if not feck off Wengersuarus

KunDB

A lot of crap will be spouted by the press between now and the transfer window, most generated by Arsenal. They want to create the impression they will not sell this window, wait until summer, there is a bidding war with PSG, RM, Barca, all interested and hey throw in Utd and Liverpool as well, why not. Then leak only £60m could tempt them nothing less.

All bullshit, he is coming to City January or the summer for free. Let the City boys get on and decide the price, probably between £20-30m with much of that being paid dependent on the achievement of several unachievable performance targets being met.

We fans should forget the finance and just enjoy the football; as much as we can,

Hesperus

Personally I can't see him coming to us either in Jan or in the summer. We aren't going to pay £50 mill in Jan but Wenger won't sell for less than that imo. He's stubborn and if he was willing to lose out on £50 in the summer then can't see any reason why his position would change in Jan.  Especially given Arsenal are having quite a decent season so far.

We could get him for free in the summer but at that point there will be other interested parties I'm sure, so he'll have his pick of the teams and salaries.

nimrod

Quote from: Hesperus on December 06, 2017, 12:30:15
Personally I can't see him coming to us either in Jan or in the summer. We aren't going to pay £50 mill in Jan but Wenger won't sell for less than that imo. He's stubborn and if he was willing to lose out on £50 in the summer then can't see any reason why his position would change in Jan.  Especially given Arsenal are having quite a decent season so far.

We could get him for free in the summer but at that point there will be other interested parties I'm sure, so he'll have his pick of the teams and salaries.

From all Ive read and heard it was closer to 60m we were willing to pay in the summer but the gooners stalled at the last minute

Gareth

As long as Sterling goes nowhere, I don't care what happens with Alexis either way.

Gareth

And would Alexis be cup-tied for the CL? If so, not so valuable, I'd've thought.

gavin

Don't think he's cup tied as he hasn't played in the competition this season.

Paddy

I think that if we land Sanchez, we will lose either Sterling or Aquero, is it worth the odds

lee

splash the cash and get him in..quality player although my only concern is if he's a mard arse and causes grief in the dressing room?

goat

Quote from: nimrod on December 05, 2017, 22:42:41

If we wait till summer and he is on a free we risk losing him to Spain where he will be given the chance to play for the worlds biggest clubsl

hes already been at barcelona so that sort of rules him out at real madrid

nimrod

Quote from: goat on December 08, 2017, 15:09:09
hes already been at barcelona so that sort of rules him out at real madrid

nitpicking twot

Lekos

goat

Laudrup too, sanchez isn't in the same class as those two so that's why I said sort of

bluebrendan

We don't need him, he's just 6 months younger than Sergio so hardly a long-term buy, I'd rather we picked up another Jesus or Sane.

Paddy

He is a good player but we don't need him. We are playing the best football ever, don't want any interruptions in January. Remember what happened when we signed Rodney Marsh in a January window, the team went to pot

nimrod

Marsh joined in March 1972, replacing Wyn Davies and yes cost us the league

He even admitted it in his book

Swiss

tbf, Marsh was a bit of a wanker (according to the old man) which is what disrupted the team.

I don't remember any stories about Sanchez throwing his toys out the pram

Gareth

I wouldn't be quite so opposed to us going after Alexis again in the window now that I think it's pretty clear this wouldn't (couldn't) mean the end for Raheem Sterling (either by transfer away or by loss of status among the playing squad). I'd rather have Virgil van Dijk than Alexis, though. He fills a bigger need for City, plus Pool not having him is better for us than Arsenal not having Alexis.

Swiss

I don't know about van Dijk. Granted I've only really seen him on motd and against us, but gets caught out of position too often with basic defending mistakes.

gavin

I bet the rest of the prem is delighted at the thought of us getting even better!

Neil Mcnab

Sanchez is a great player, good competition for places and cover for injuries. He is or was a great competitor and that will to win could help us. Only fly for me is he is going through the motions at Arsenal after not getting his way. It would be no different for us, would it.

Gareth

Yes, agreed. But he must know how Pep works and surely can't be trying to move to City on the basis that he's somehow more special than anyone currently at the club. And it's also becoming increasingly clear that Pep seems to know what he's doing! So I'm prepared to give Alexis the benefit of the doubt, as long as it's someone else's £50mil that pays for him...

Edit: ... and that there's no more nonsense about such a move affecting Sterling's place at the club.

KunDB

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on December 22, 2017, 11:35:48
Sanchez is a great player, good competition for places and cover for injuries. He is or was a great competitor and that will to win could help us. Only fly for me is he is going through the motions at Arsenal after not getting his way. It would be no different for us, would it.

After Arsenal screwed up his summer move to us, Chile missed out on World Cup, why would he risk a move in January by committing all out with the possibility of injury blowing his move. Mentally, he has long departed Arsenal.

Neil Mcnab

I think Sanchez would be a great addition to every team in the world. But compare him to Coutinho. He is more like Tevez. But yes, Pep does appear to have a small knowledge of the game and is likely to have a plan.

nimrod

Ive given up questioning any player Pep wants to buy , even JFE  ::)

The guys a fucking genius

Swiss

C'Mon... JFE? Smells of a smoke screen! Unless it's to turn him into the world's best CB and really rub it in utd's face...

But given the high line we play, surely someone with a bit of pace would be nice...

gavin

Can Dijk looks a better bet at the back to me. Sanchez has it in him to be world class. Whatever is happening with him at Arsenal doesn't necessarily reflect how he'd be at City. It is clear to me that Wenger lost the plot and many of his players a couple of years ago.

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on December 23, 2017, 12:23:36
Can Dijk looks a better bet at the back to me. Sanchez has it in him to be world class. Whatever is happening with him at Arsenal doesn't necessarily reflect how he'd be at City. It is clear to me that Wenger lost the plot and many of his players a couple of years ago.

Wenger & Co dropped a massive bollock not selling Sanchez last summer, 60 million we offered

Turns out we dont really need him, unless Kun fecks off

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on December 23, 2017, 00:54:24
C'Mon... JFE? Smells of a smoke screen! Unless it's to turn him into the world's best CB and really rub it in utd's face...

But given the high line we play, surely someone with a bit of pace would be nice...

Pep Guardiola has serious interest in acquiring Skriniar, and the feeling is mutual. His representatives have approached Inter’s sporting director, Walter Sabatini, about facilitating an exit from the San Siro.

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/exclusive-man-city-closing-in-on-star-serie-a-defender-83919

gavin

A class finish for his second tonight, he took it down beautifully and slid it past the keeper. It compares well with Sergio's efforts last night. Though Sergio was very good in the previous match.

Arsenal close the gap to 21 points 😊

zacc

Quote from: bluebrendan on December 12, 2017, 09:35:03
We don't need him, he's just 6 months younger than Sergio so hardly a long-term buy, I'd rather we picked up another Jesus or Sane.

yup agree

Swiss

He was spotted in Paris over the Xmas break...

Arsenal desperate not to sell to us...

KunDB

I think we will buy him January. Hard to resist given the impact he could have on rest of our season given our misfiring strikers. Also, he would have a major impact on our chances of winning the Champions League.

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on December 29, 2017, 11:38:14
He was spotted in Paris over the Xmas break...

What does that mean ?

Does him being in Paris at Xmas mean were more likely to be getting him........or less ?

Lekos

Means it's more likely than not he's buying a poodle

Swiss

Could mean he was taking his family to Paris for Xmas... Or it could mean that he was chatting to PSG.

Thing is, with our position at the top of the league, it's a great incentive for a major honour for less than half a season at a club!

goat

any stats on number of people visiting paris joining psg?

Swiss

On average, 12 per window, including youth transfers

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Swiss on December 30, 2017, 17:21:01

Thing is, with our position at the top of the league, it's a great incentive for a major honour for less than half a season at a club!
Same if he joined PSG or Munich. Ribery and Robben are both on the way down, he would be a natural fit there.   

Swiss

Hesperus

Any fee for Sanchez just went up by about 20 mil I reckon with the injury to Jesus....

silvablue

If we are to buy Sanchez best we do it now and do not mess around the whole window, £20m, £40m, £60m who cares if we are doing this window then lets just get it done asap.

gavin

I wouldn't go over £30 million given the circumstances.

Paddy

Reported that Vengar is willing to sell this month. Liverpool now interested. Could be a bidding war

Hesperus

I think we should sign him what ever the cost tbh. Neither Sergio nor Jesus have been in great form this season with the latter now injured for a prolonged period. I very much doubt we’ll get him on the cheap, dippers could well be looking to spend the money they are likely to get for Coutinho.

lee

get him in now before dippers get their dole money

Swiss

Well he's playing tonight. Will be interesting for he waves to the crowd.

Also Hesperus, bit harsh on Kun saying he's been off form this season. 13 goals and 4 assists. 4th highest in league. Ok he's been a bit hot and cold in the last few games but he's still had a good half season

Hesperus

Off form by his high standards. His tally is still great but he's been guilty of missing a host of good chances. Had he been more clinical in his finishing this season he'd be miles ahead in the leading scorer charts.

Paddy

He has missed some sitters of late

nimrod

Manchester United have made contact with Arsenal for Alexis Sanchez in the last hour.

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/951426296428548099

Rowley Birkin QC

Ha! Was discussing the possibility of a spoiler bid from the rags with a friend this very morning!

Hesperus

Given Jesus injury I think we are missing a huge trick in not signing Sanchez in Jan. He can play the the FA, PL and CL competitions. We've balls up in the past not strengthening when we were on top. It would be a short term signing, but the short term gains could be well worth 25 or 30 mill.

lee

sanchez looks a miserble twot at arsenal..i cant see his face looking any happier wearing another shit red shirt

gavin

You never know with this sort of thing if it is the selling club stirring the pot to get more cash.

KunDB

If he wants to go to Utd and Jose, I'm sure that Pep will gladly let him go, but i think that is highly unlikely and pure bullshit.

nimrod

Quote from: Hesperus on January 11, 2018, 13:20:06
Given Jesus injury I think we are missing a huge trick in not signing Sanchez in Jan. He can play the the FA, PL and CL competitions. We've balls up in the past not strengthening when we were on top. It would be a short term signing, but the short term gains could be well worth 25 or 30 mill.

Plus a million a month wages = 36 million

Paddy

He is City bound...

bry the guy

I dont think the rags want him,they just want to hike the price up.

lee

seems a bit sily of the rags if they dont want him to the hike up the price..an extra 10 million is like 1p to our owners

zacc

well done City showing not going to be ripped off by the likes of Whinger

KunDB

Strong rumours he is flowing with the dough and headed to the RAGS.

lee

he'll do alright replacing luke shaw

Hesperus

Being reported we’ve officially pulled out of the Sanchez deal.

I think we could live to regret that.

gavin

It was supposed to be a cheap, decent deal for a top striker in his prime. It has become an auction it seems. If we're going to spend really big lets do it on younger players like we have been doing. It is a blow but sensible I think. Maybe the player will realise he's missing out on joinging the best team in the country for the sake of needless cash but I won't hold my breath.

KunDB

It is a shame he would have added to us. But football is all about greed and money and that always wins out in the end.

Well I trust in Pep and the team and we will be more than fine without Sanchez. Funny how the Man Utd fans are not worried about transfer fees and wage inflation now or FFP.

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on January 15, 2018, 21:31:04
It was supposed to be a cheap, decent deal for a top striker in his prime. It has become an auction it seems. If we're going to spend really big lets do it on younger players like we have been doing. It is a blow but sensible I think. Maybe the player will realise he's missing out on joinging the best team in the country for the sake of needless cash but I won't hold my breath.

Dont think its the player Gav he'll do whatever his agent tells him too, and his agent gets circa 15 Million from Manure

gavin

The player makes the decision at the end of the day, unless he's weak. The agent is his employee.

Hesperus

Either way, it's a big call for us or our competitors. Personally I believe it's a mistake by us. We really could do with a forward, Jesus and Agueros form this season hasn't been the best, with Jesus injured. We also allow Sanchez to go to a rival.

Seems like we've dithered in this window, a LB was a priority in January after the Mendy injury according to Pep, but no signs of one yet. If we'd have moved fast on Jan 1 we could have had Sanchez sawn up too. Hope I'm wrong.

nimrod

The more I consider this the more I dont want a player who wouldnt be our best player to come in on the highest money at the club, apparently his agent is now asking for between 300 & 400K per week.

I think once United came in for him and seemingly prepared to pay whatever it was doomed.
Only Sanchez actually insisting on honouring his agreement with City couldve made it still work

However I firmly believe his agent has hawked him round a bit (apparently Chavski are interested now), saying its not a done deal with City..... and that why United started to believe he was available to them.

His agent will engineer this to be a huge payday for himself and his client.

Hesperus

It’s always been about the money unfortunately.

Playing devils advocate..... Sanchez goes to the rags or Chelsea on 450k per week.

KDBs agent when negotiating his new contract says. “Look at Sanchez at the old scrap yard. I want the same as him or I’ll go to a club that will pay it”.

goat

then the arabs pay him and we get kev for a few more years more than what the rags will get out of sanchez

lee

if sergio get injured then what?
1 fit striker..i know sterling or the other silva can play up front but we need a proven world class striker..i hope we have a decent player lined up and a centre half please..oh and a left back...oh and a ....

Lekos

Talking of left backs....when's Mendy back?

gavin

Maybe last few matches this season. Last I read he was hoping to be fit for the world cup. I never like reading that nonsense when we're paying an injured player.

nimrod

Have to wonder whats happening at Arse, they now want to swap their best player Sanchez for MickyTargarian, a United reserve
Walcott good as gone and theyve offered Wilshire a new contract 20k a week less than his current one, so Im guessing he will be off come summer.

Rowley Birkin QC

I think some of you are being unduly pessimistic about our current squad.

Yes, a couple more injuries to key players and we could be in a bit of strife, but you can't cover every eventuality or doomsday scenario. You just have to ride the wave and hope it all flows through to the end of the season. No reason why it can't. We're still a very good team.

Anyway, I'm not so sure we need Sanchez. Not at any price. I know we're stinking rich, but the club clearly wants to be seen as living within it's means (or something approximating it) and I think we should applaud that. Even without the injured Jesus we should still have enough attacking options out of Aguero, Sterling, Sane, KdB and Silva to see us through. I'd prefer us to find some good cover for Fernandinho (if he goes down then I WILL start to worry...) and some defensive reinforcements / competition for Stones and Otamendi. My only real concern at the moment is what might happen when our current defensive set up encounters a quality, fast attacking side in the Champions League.

If it all starts to go bad, then Pep will just have to shore things up as best he can out of the available players. Might mean playing a few out of position or risk building up the confidence of one of the youngsters with a run of games - but so be it. Unlikely heroes can emerge! 

Lekos

Quote from: gavin on January 16, 2018, 20:54:47
Maybe last few matches this season. Last I read he was hoping to be fit for the world cup. I never like reading that nonsense when we're paying an injured player.

I'm sure we're insured. Shame he got crocked so early on

Lekos

Quote from: nimrod on January 17, 2018, 11:45:59
Have to wonder whats happening at Arse, they now want to swap their best player Sanchez for MickyTargarian, a United reserve
Walcott good as gone and theyve offered Wilshire a new contract 20k a week less than his current one, so Im guessing he will be off come summer.

Mkhitaryan is excellent. Yoonited just can't use him properly.

goat

should have kept bony

Lekos

Haha. Get Samaras back

Lekos

Sanchez will be on 500k a week at Yoonited according to the Telegraph.   

Hilarious  ;D :D

goat

can see the headlines now

" city ruining football by forcing united to pay 500k a week"

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on January 17, 2018, 22:12:31
Sanchez will be on 500k a week at Yoonited according to the Telegraph.   

Hilarious  ;D :D

Makes Pogba's wage look like a pittance, poor lad

Time for a re-negotiation

Gareth

Manchester United to rival Manchester City’s attempt to sign Jean Michaël Seri

So, a pattern emerging? See who we are after and make them your target. Saves having to do any of your own scouting, I suppose.

nimrod

Quote from: Gareth on January 18, 2018, 17:41:36
Manchester United to rival Manchester City’s attempt to sign Jean Michaël Seri

So, a pattern emerging? See who we are after and make them your target. Saves having to do any of your own scouting, I suppose.

City could have fun with that though  :D

Swiss

Wasn't the targarian one of the best players in the bundesliga...

Swiss

And Antoine the Grease man mooted instead

goat

last striker from atletico did alright

linked by anyone decent or greekos west brom mate?

nimrod

Quote from: goat on January 19, 2018, 14:26:33
last striker from atletico did alright

linked by anyone decent or greekos west brom mate?

Read that as west bum mate

goat

Swiss

Only the paparazzi

Neil Mcnab

Sanchez is world class and will strengthen the shit. But, like most top players he is a bit of a tulip, he has baggage. He has opted for the money, difficult to complain about that. We have been a poor draw for players, no big history like the shit, pool and the like. All we could offer was more than our rivals. In many ways it is good for us that the shit have had to offer a mega contract to take him away from us.

He is gone and Pep will be looking for an alternative, one who can play more than one position. Griezmann would be an option, but if Coutinho is 140, how much is he? A big player would need to be sold, for FFP and to give room in the attacking positions. Pep doesnt rate the player, so I am sure he will be the one to go.

Swiss

I'd still sign a contract with utd if they were stupid enough to pay me £400k a week! I'd then Winston Bogarde my arse to the bleachers for four years :-D

gavin

Surely there is something to be said for winning the title playing top football and still being very, very rich for the rest of your life.

Rowley Birkin QC

Not enough money in the world to make me play for the rags (should they ask)

KunDB

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on January 22, 2018, 09:58:12

A distillery and the promise of a lovely WAG and I bet you would be bought off, no bother.

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on January 22, 2018, 09:58:12

should tweet city are after you, wouldnt be long before the rags are in a bidding war with themselves for you

Hesperus

He's officially signed for the scum. He now becomes one of my most loathed players ever.

Unfortunately they've got a very good player, and you'll see a totally different player to the one at Arsenal. I can only hope Maureen's anti football negates his talent.

gavin

He'll be a rich man but not a very successful one.

nimrod

Theres this idea that the rags bid big wages/fee's etc so City would better it

gavin

My opinion is that they were so desperate that they offered wages so ridiculous as to ensure they got him. I think they knew City wouldn't match them as they didn't with Alves in the summer. City are the new paragons of restraint.

zacc

get the money thing though not my main motive in life.
however he'd have got well paid & (likely) won EPL this season with Ciy so move seems odd to me.
also think he knows under Pep he's just a team player no egos allowed to dominate which makes me wonder?

lee

the news is swammped with sanchez while city secure kev..class

Paddy

The Fred deal seems to be almost done