News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sanchez

Started by nimrod, December 05, 2017, 22:42:41

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

How much should we pay for him in January ?

Ive read reports that we will pay 44 million and now one saying we will pay 50 million.

If we wait till summer and he is on a free we risk losing him to Spain where he will be given the chance to play for the worlds biggest clubs, guaranteed silverware and of course better weather.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-transfer-news-manchester-city-alexis-sanchez-pep-guardiola-50m-bid-offer-january-transfer-a8092911.html

Lekos

Seems daft paying that much in January

zacc

love this player but do City need him for that money?
His friendship with Pep may swing it too

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on December 05, 2017, 22:56:25
Seems daft paying that much in January

Yeah it does
I'd offer 20 mill tops
if not feck off Wengersuarus

KunDB

A lot of crap will be spouted by the press between now and the transfer window, most generated by Arsenal. They want to create the impression they will not sell this window, wait until summer, there is a bidding war with PSG, RM, Barca, all interested and hey throw in Utd and Liverpool as well, why not. Then leak only £60m could tempt them nothing less.

All bullshit, he is coming to City January or the summer for free. Let the City boys get on and decide the price, probably between £20-30m with much of that being paid dependent on the achievement of several unachievable performance targets being met.

We fans should forget the finance and just enjoy the football; as much as we can,

Hesperus

Personally I can't see him coming to us either in Jan or in the summer. We aren't going to pay £50 mill in Jan but Wenger won't sell for less than that imo. He's stubborn and if he was willing to lose out on £50 in the summer then can't see any reason why his position would change in Jan.  Especially given Arsenal are having quite a decent season so far.

We could get him for free in the summer but at that point there will be other interested parties I'm sure, so he'll have his pick of the teams and salaries.

nimrod

Quote from: Hesperus on December 06, 2017, 12:30:15
Personally I can't see him coming to us either in Jan or in the summer. We aren't going to pay £50 mill in Jan but Wenger won't sell for less than that imo. He's stubborn and if he was willing to lose out on £50 in the summer then can't see any reason why his position would change in Jan.  Especially given Arsenal are having quite a decent season so far.

We could get him for free in the summer but at that point there will be other interested parties I'm sure, so he'll have his pick of the teams and salaries.

From all Ive read and heard it was closer to 60m we were willing to pay in the summer but the gooners stalled at the last minute

Gareth

As long as Sterling goes nowhere, I don't care what happens with Alexis either way.

Gareth

And would Alexis be cup-tied for the CL? If so, not so valuable, I'd've thought.

gavin

Don't think he's cup tied as he hasn't played in the competition this season.

Paddy

I think that if we land Sanchez, we will lose either Sterling or Aquero, is it worth the odds

lee

splash the cash and get him in..quality player although my only concern is if he's a mard arse and causes grief in the dressing room?

goat

Quote from: nimrod on December 05, 2017, 22:42:41

If we wait till summer and he is on a free we risk losing him to Spain where he will be given the chance to play for the worlds biggest clubsl

hes already been at barcelona so that sort of rules him out at real madrid

nimrod

Quote from: goat on December 08, 2017, 15:09:09
hes already been at barcelona so that sort of rules him out at real madrid

nitpicking twot

Lekos

goat

Laudrup too, sanchez isn't in the same class as those two so that's why I said sort of

bluebrendan

We don't need him, he's just 6 months younger than Sergio so hardly a long-term buy, I'd rather we picked up another Jesus or Sane.

Paddy

He is a good player but we don't need him. We are playing the best football ever, don't want any interruptions in January. Remember what happened when we signed Rodney Marsh in a January window, the team went to pot

nimrod

Marsh joined in March 1972, replacing Wyn Davies and yes cost us the league

He even admitted it in his book

Swiss

tbf, Marsh was a bit of a wanker (according to the old man) which is what disrupted the team.

I don't remember any stories about Sanchez throwing his toys out the pram