News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sanchez

Started by nimrod, December 05, 2017, 22:42:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

I think some of you are being unduly pessimistic about our current squad.

Yes, a couple more injuries to key players and we could be in a bit of strife, but you can't cover every eventuality or doomsday scenario. You just have to ride the wave and hope it all flows through to the end of the season. No reason why it can't. We're still a very good team.

Anyway, I'm not so sure we need Sanchez. Not at any price. I know we're stinking rich, but the club clearly wants to be seen as living within it's means (or something approximating it) and I think we should applaud that. Even without the injured Jesus we should still have enough attacking options out of Aguero, Sterling, Sane, KdB and Silva to see us through. I'd prefer us to find some good cover for Fernandinho (if he goes down then I WILL start to worry...) and some defensive reinforcements / competition for Stones and Otamendi. My only real concern at the moment is what might happen when our current defensive set up encounters a quality, fast attacking side in the Champions League.

If it all starts to go bad, then Pep will just have to shore things up as best he can out of the available players. Might mean playing a few out of position or risk building up the confidence of one of the youngsters with a run of games - but so be it. Unlikely heroes can emerge! 

Lekos

Quote from: gavin on January 16, 2018, 20:54:47
Maybe last few matches this season. Last I read he was hoping to be fit for the world cup. I never like reading that nonsense when we're paying an injured player.

I'm sure we're insured. Shame he got crocked so early on

Lekos

Quote from: nimrod on January 17, 2018, 11:45:59
Have to wonder whats happening at Arse, they now want to swap their best player Sanchez for MickyTargarian, a United reserve
Walcott good as gone and theyve offered Wilshire a new contract 20k a week less than his current one, so Im guessing he will be off come summer.

Mkhitaryan is excellent. Yoonited just can't use him properly.

goat

should have kept bony

Lekos

Haha. Get Samaras back

Lekos

Sanchez will be on 500k a week at Yoonited according to the Telegraph.   

Hilarious  ;D :D

goat

can see the headlines now

" city ruining football by forcing united to pay 500k a week"

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on January 17, 2018, 22:12:31
Sanchez will be on 500k a week at Yoonited according to the Telegraph.   

Hilarious  ;D :D

Makes Pogba's wage look like a pittance, poor lad

Time for a re-negotiation

Gareth

Manchester United to rival Manchester City’s attempt to sign Jean Michaël Seri

So, a pattern emerging? See who we are after and make them your target. Saves having to do any of your own scouting, I suppose.

nimrod

Quote from: Gareth on January 18, 2018, 17:41:36
Manchester United to rival Manchester City’s attempt to sign Jean Michaël Seri

So, a pattern emerging? See who we are after and make them your target. Saves having to do any of your own scouting, I suppose.

City could have fun with that though  :D

Swiss

Wasn't the targarian one of the best players in the bundesliga...

Swiss

And Antoine the Grease man mooted instead

goat

last striker from atletico did alright

linked by anyone decent or greekos west brom mate?

nimrod

Quote from: goat on January 19, 2018, 14:26:33
last striker from atletico did alright

linked by anyone decent or greekos west brom mate?

Read that as west bum mate

goat

Swiss

Only the paparazzi

Neil Mcnab

Sanchez is world class and will strengthen the shit. But, like most top players he is a bit of a tulip, he has baggage. He has opted for the money, difficult to complain about that. We have been a poor draw for players, no big history like the shit, pool and the like. All we could offer was more than our rivals. In many ways it is good for us that the shit have had to offer a mega contract to take him away from us.

He is gone and Pep will be looking for an alternative, one who can play more than one position. Griezmann would be an option, but if Coutinho is 140, how much is he? A big player would need to be sold, for FFP and to give room in the attacking positions. Pep doesnt rate the player, so I am sure he will be the one to go.

Swiss

I'd still sign a contract with utd if they were stupid enough to pay me £400k a week! I'd then Winston Bogarde my arse to the bleachers for four years :-D

gavin

Surely there is something to be said for winning the title playing top football and still being very, very rich for the rest of your life.