News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Vincent Kompany

Started by nimrod, December 11, 2017, 03:46:21

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

Has Pep finally decided he cant count on him anymore after his comments post match ?

“Kompany is injured,” the City manager said. “We wait and see. Vinny is always like this â€" unfortunately we can’t count on him for a long time.”

shandon

Not much else he could say about it I think  :'(

KunDB

Sadly, VK is broke and it is time to replace him. We need strength and consistency at the back. I blame the national team for the state he is in, as they continued to play him when clearly he was injured and not fit to play. Before tube Martinez even, Wilmots was the main culprit.

National managers have nothing to lose playing players like Kompany, as they are only in the job usually for a short lucrative period and do not have to worry about the player's future.

nimrod

Quote from: shandon on December 11, 2017, 13:48:56
Not much else he could say about it I think  :'(

I disagree, he didnt have to say......'Vinny is always like this â€" unfortunately we can’t count on him for a long time.”

Not very inspiring for Vinny, but maybe its time to do something, he still has 1.5 years on his contract.

zacc

also VK should put the club before country and refuse to play for them.

KunDB

Quote from: zacc on December 12, 2017, 03:25:59
also VK should put the club before country and refuse to play for them.

His loyalty to Belgium was why he played injured for them. He is a fierce and fearless competitor. It is in his nature and there is no chance even now he will put club or his own best interests before those of his countries.

Swiss

I reckon he'll be backroom staff next year...

KunDB

Quote from: Swiss on December 13, 2017, 00:54:08
I reckon he'll be backroom staff next year...

He definitely deserves that chance, if he wants it and Pep wants it.

gavin

Dunno when his contract runs out but he might as well stay as a player till then at least. Obviously we shouldn't be relying on him being fit though.

Swiss

Guess it'll depend if he wants to retire - pride may make him keep playing.

HE is a damn fine player. probably our greatest CB & Captain in my memory.