News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Leicester City Carabao Cup Match Thread

Started by KunDB, December 19, 2017, 19:13:40

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

CITY IX | Bravo, Danilo, Gündogan, Mangala, Bernardo, Adarabioyo, Jesus, Zinchenko, Touré (C), Foden, Diaz

SUBS | Ederson, Walker, Delph, Sané, Nmecha, Duhaney, Dele-Bashiru

Good to see the chances for Adarabioyo, Zinchenko, Foden, Diaz

C'mon City

gavin

Yes, should have been more like that earlier in the competition really. It will need to be similar if we get through to the two leg semi. It's daft still having a two leg semi. Leicester playing a much weakened side too so it's game on.

Gareth

I would've thought Leicester could really go for this, knowing City would surely rotate their squad. They aren't in Europe and really can't have serious relegation worries. But no, they also have rotated some of their regular 1st XI. So, no Kasper, but Kelechi plays.

Leicester: Hamer; Amartey, Dragović, Maguire, Fuchs; Albrighton, King, Iborra, Chilwell; Okazaki, Iheanacho.

Subs: Jakupović, Simpson, Benalouane, Gray, Mahrez, Vardy, Ulloa

Swiss

Rowley Birkin QC

gavin

Happy to see us leading. But I'd like to see players like Yaya giving more of a lead to the youngsters. Bernard has been hit and miss. Just hope we don't concede. Extra time has to be a no no.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

KunDB

Hopefully, this will sharpen up some players games eg Bernardo.

Rowley Birkin QC

Don't look terribly comfortable with these long throws do we?

Gareth

KunDB

Rowley Birkin QC

Not overly impressed with Jesus so far. Some poor passing.

KunDB

8 minutes extra time for Madleys imaginary stoppages.

Rowley Birkin QC

Struggling to keep possession these last few minutes.

KunDB

Followed by an imaginary penalty awarded by Madley?

Rowley Birkin QC

Pep will not be happy. Too many wayward passes or over-ambitious long balls. Not controlling the game.

KunDB

Madeley the same ref who controversially sent Walker off against Everton - strange that.

gavin

Dunno where he got that 8 minutes. Then to give that penalty was a joke. Disgraceful.

Rowley Birkin QC

Disappointing performance after a promising first half. Looking out of ideas by the close of the second half. Down to the lottery of penalties then...

gavin

Considering the amount of matches I've watched where teams time waste against us and the ref gives 4 minutes, I am absolutely incredulous that he gave 8 minutes there.

Rowley Birkin QC

Rowley Birkin QC

Swiss

relief that in the end - some good performances from the kids
Some distinctly average from the senior players
And some woeful decisions from the Ref, not just for us, but mainly ;)

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Not sure who was worse out of the ref and Toure

gavin

Same ref that wrongly sent Walker off against Everton. What a cnut.

KunDB

Young team so not near first team level football and a bit boot in air and narrow second half.  That said it was still a good performance showing real mental strength from a team filled with young players against second half strong Leicester team. 

Great experience for the young inexperienced players at long last.

Swiss

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on December 19, 2017, 22:37:55
Not sure who was worse out of the ref and Toure
Mangala went back to his bambi on ice impression and Bravo... Firstly his kicking continually put us under pressure and then the touches he was taking... my word, talk about giving the opposition a sniff of a chance!
I like bernado, some of what he did last night was amazing to watch. But there were 3 really good opportunities where his final ball last night let him down.

goat

bernado needs a proper run but who could you drop for him eh

dave will probably start getting  phased  out in a year or so giving bernie his chance if  hes arsed sticking around

nimrod

Quote from: goat on December 20, 2017, 13:06:26
bernado needs a proper run but who could you drop for him eh

dave will probably start getting  phased  out in a year or so giving bernie his chance if  hes arsed sticking around

I was kinda surprised he didnt fill in for Dave v Spuds

Swiss

Well, Dave is in Spain for family issues, so now is a good chance for Bernie