News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

100 points

Started by gavin, December 25, 2017, 21:38:54

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

That's my target for the season. It is gettable from here, will win us the title and is special. None of the others have ever done it. Not Arsenal, not Chelsea, not the scousers and not the rags. It will make this the greatest English top flight team ever. 15 wins from 19 games left, we can do it. Full on legendary status.

KunDB

I am excited by the prospect but a lot can change second half of season compared to first half. Let us hope Pep does not get arrested by Spanish police for instance. Would take a massive decline for us to throw away the PL mind, always possible.

C'mon smash all these records the so called 'Great' Utd teams never achieved.

Neil Mcnab

If there was just the league, we could do it. Too many competitions for it to happen. Here is hoping though.

Rowley Birkin QC

We'll largely have to go injury free for the rest of the season to do it I think - or (as Neil said), as the season tightens up with us still in contention for the European Cup but all but secure as Premiers, too much rotation might result in some erratic late-on league results and a few unexpected points dropped. But here's hoping. Would be a very fine achievement.

Gareth

I'm not going to give records a thought until the actual title is actually in the actual bag. Earlier the better, of course; we already have the record for the latest, and brilliant though that was (in the end), I'd rather not go there again...

gavin

Quote from: Gareth on December 26, 2017, 12:00:40
I'm not going to give records a thought until the actual title is actually in the actual bag. Earlier the better, of course
#
t'd be great if we could clinch it at the Derby or the match before so they have to give us a guard of honour but at this rate it could be well before.

gavin

Can still be done. What a record it would be to get 100 points. The greatest side in Premier League history by a margin.

KunDB

It would be an immense achievement, a stand out performance over a season never before achieved.

Not easy either, with teams like Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal all in the league and all out to trip us up this season, but failing. Liverpool reaching the CL final and Arsenal the Europa league semi-final, at least.

shandon

If we win the next two it would go to the last game - when Southampton and Mark Hughes might also need a win to stay up  :)

Neil Mcnab

We will never have a better chance. It will be about who wants it more.

KunDB

After Utd's defeat at Brighton tonight a big chance for us to break the PL winning margin record.

Win tomorrow and we are 19 points ahead of them.

Biggest title-winning margin: Manchester United won the 1999-2000 season by 18 points from Arsenal. City currently have a 16-point gap over United.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

G'wan Brighton!!! Haha

lee

lovely that last night..i was not going to watch it then thought ahh fook it..im glad i did  ;D

gavin

100 points is still on and also now 19 points ahead, which would be a record, going into the last game. Rags drew 0-0 at West Ham to gloriously confirm second place lol.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on May 10, 2018, 21:38:06
100 points is still on and also now 19 points ahead, which would be a record, going into the last game. Rags drew 0-0 at West Ham to gloriously confirm second place lol.

Another BORE draw, woohoo lets get the record (surely Southampton will have celebrated staying up and be a tad tired).