News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Maguire and other possible transfers

Started by Neil Mcnab, January 07, 2018, 12:30:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Mcnab

Rumours we are interested, but of course for treble what Leicester shelled out for him in the summer. He is a footballer and is a big unit. A bright spark on here said in August we should have considered him.

Pep can come up with cover in positions we had not even dreamed of, but if Dinho had a long term injury, the replacements we have now would leave us weaker. Seen Fred who played well against us, but not seen much besides. Always remember Nicky Summerbee having a blinder against us for Swindon, signed for us and not quite that player. Or we were also rumoured to be interested in Weigl, or what about Vidal to keep Sanchez happy. 

Of course there is still Sanchez himself, or would he be the new Marsh?

Swiss

Hesperus

With Stones back, i think we’ve proved we’re ok with the current cover on that department.

I hope we go for Sanchez. We should strike whilst the iron is hot. This season probably gives us our best chance of title and CL wins. If we wait until the summer for Sanchez we may as well not bother but rather look for a younger player. However in our current position it makes great sense to move for him now.

goat

mawson isnt bad from swansea, might get him cheap if they are preparing for championship and want to lower wage bill

KunDB

No Sanchez today in team for Arsenal FA Cup match. How significant is that in terms of not being cup tied for City should he join. I think it is looking good for Sanchez to join us soon.

KunDB

Chilean Journalist Tweet;
Maks Cárdenas
@MaksCardenas

Arsenal out of the FA. @Alexis_Sanchez did not play so he will not be cup tied.
Alexis is close to sign with Manchester City, but Arsenal wants 35 million and not the 20 that the City offers.

5:51 PM - Jan 7, 2018

gavin

He looked effective but also a dirty, fat bastard when playing against us in the cup. So mixed feelings on that one!

zacc

Quote from: gavin on January 07, 2018, 21:06:07
He looked effective but also a dirty, fat bastard when playing against us in the cup. So mixed feelings on that one!

If he comes to City Pep will have him on a diet and playing football not cheating 😉

Hesperus

Not seen much of Maguire. Pep would improve him I’m sure but if he’s already overweight in he PL then some questions have to be asked about his attitude.

On Sanchez, I think it’s significant he was not playing in the FA cup last night. He’s not cup tied for a PL team.

goat

an actual striker with working legs would be handy

doubt pep misses bony tho

Neil Mcnab

Cheeky Burgerstain is reported as being in talks with Arsenal over the weekend. As for Maguire, not as much about him now, by the sounds of it his entourage are deciding what to do over a meal. WBA want £25 million for Evans, which cant be value in even a super heated market.

Gareth

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on January 08, 2018, 19:07:14
As for Maguire, not as much about him now, by the sounds of it his entourage are deciding what to do over a meal.

haha! very good. sounds like they'll all be having seconds.

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on January 08, 2018, 19:07:14
WBA want £25 million for Evans, which cant be value in even a super heated market.

true, but I don't think "value" is too much of an issue any more, is it?

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Gareth on January 08, 2018, 20:05:58
true, but I don't think "value" is too much of an issue any more, is it?
He was touted at 9 million in the summer, now 3 times as much. But like you say its change down the sofa for the owners. If Pep wants him, he will do. Just hope Pep has decided on someone else.

nimrod

Much rather have Maguire than JFE
I like the way he brings out the ball, and decent passes

Paddy

I was originally opposed to Sanchez but now let's go get him asap

Hesperus

No real movement on Sanchez over the couple of days. He didn't start the league cup tie but Wenger said it was tactical and no bids have been made for him.

The longer it goes on the less likely it will happen imo. I also think that if we don't sign him in this window we won't sign him in the summer either.

Paddy

I agree with Hesperus. I want him now but not long term, just to fill a gap

Neil Mcnab

Mirror and MEN say we are interested in Fred for £45 million. If Pep likes him, he will fit the mould.

Swiss

Nice to see city play hard ball over the transfer fee for Sanchez

Neil Mcnab

After todays game, more than ever convinced a quality DM is needed to challenge Dinho. All the talk is about Sanchez moving in the next 24/48 hours and whether he is off to Trafford or to Manchester. If he comes to us we can quickly move on from today.