News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Kinky

Started by Paddy, January 12, 2018, 00:46:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

Where would we play him in this current squad

gavin

He'd have to work a lot harder off the ball than he ever seemed willing to do. On that basis, I don't think he'd make it.

nimrod

Quote from: Paddy on January 12, 2018, 00:46:52

Bench warmer ?

Rowley Birkin QC

I agree with Gavin. Always problematic comparing / 'merging' players from different eras. With the rise in sports science players are much fitter and better conditioned nowadays than they were back in the 1980's and most of the 90's. The Kinky of back then would not have lasted the pace in a modern Premiership game. And brilliant as he was, there was always a question mark around his team work ethic (as Gavin said).

However, in some alternative reality, with the required fitness and attitude I think he had the skills to be part of this City squad. Where to play him? Certainly well forward, in behind Aguero - in close partnership with David perhaps, although it might be difficult to incorporate both into the one starting line up if KdB were available? 

Paddy

TBF: I think his attitude to team spirit was affected by the fact that city were getting beaten to often and having to put up with to many half arsed managers. He would have been another Silva with better team mates

bry the guy

I think he is much like Sterling in the way they both like to run at playersand score goals.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Paddy on January 12, 2018, 00:46:52
Purely in terms of ability he'd make a handy impact sub. I agree with Rowley about the fitness and application needed nowadays but then you also have to take into account how frustrating it must have been for him to share a midfield with the likes of Michael Brown and Jamie Pollock.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on January 12, 2018, 11:09:45
Always problematic comparing / 'merging' players from different eras.
He would be playing better, working harder and living better under Pep. Or he would be out of the door.

KunDB

You know I think kinky would have been shown the door by Pep. Individual rather than team player so not a PG type.

bry the guy