News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City Magpies Match Thread

Started by KunDB, January 20, 2018, 16:45:57

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

City XI | Ederson, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Silva (C), De Bruyne, Sterling, Sané, Agüero

Subs | Bravo, Danilo, Gündogan, Mangala, Bernardo, Adarabioyo, Diaz

C'mon City let's get on a winning run of one.

Hesperus

Just taken my seat in the stadium. Good strong side. Come on City!

Ludo

Ludo

Ludo

And city are one up by the way....

Neil Mcnab

Impressed with Zinchenko, good on the ball, can ping a pass. Not much in the way of defending to do for him. No surprise we look better with D Silva in the team. More than just passing from him, going past a few players. Kun looks like he is coming back onto the boil as well. 

Neil Mcnab

Job done. Only worry, every time Newcastle went forward, we looked like we could concede.

KunDB

Great early defensive headed clearance early on in the game from Zinchenko, and while a few minor mistakes he clicked in to the team beautifully. Promising talented player. Good to see Diaz come on.

Great performance by Sergio, Sane, Silva, Sterling, DeBruyne and team.

gavin

Sergio back to his best, not just with his goals but his all round play was excellent. He's an enigma though because he was totally anonymous last week.

Zinchenko was very good until his error for the goal. Hopefully he's a quick learner. Deserves another chance or two.

Sane is something else at times. When he's great defences can't live with him. When he's not I can't. Today he was great.

Sterling was his usual self. Some good, some bad but very effective over a game.

A rightly comfortable win in the end but we still show we can hit self destruct too regularly.

Hesperus

For all our first half dominance we should have been much further ahead. Good win though and shuts he Rags up a little bit.

Hesperus

Should have mentioned Sanes work for Sergio hat trick.  Amazon skill by the lad, he really does have it all, skill, pace, physicality,  he really could be the next big thing if he continues to develop under Pep.

nimrod

Quote from: Hesperus on January 20, 2018, 20:55:45
For all our first half dominance we should have been much further ahead. Good win though and shuts he Rags up a little bit.
Yes,thats the theme with every home game H.

We really needed the win today and up to our 1st I was feeling anxious, great persformance from Kun of course and well done to Sterling for winning the penalty and to Sane for his Messiesque type run to assist the 3rd.
There was some doubt whether Kun actually touched the ball for his 1st, but lets face it the goalie would've had it if he hadnt been there, as it was he didnt know whether to go right or left.

Good debut for Zink, as Gav said except for his mistake
We need imo a commanding CB, somebody who shouts, organises and is a leader, if only Vinny was fit.

Swiss

The amount of chances we waste is PEPs issue.

I can see why when you've had Messi bang in 50 to 60 goals a season...

goat

who could we really bring in thats more efficent then aguero tho, only striker i can think of is the polish lad but hes knocking on

spare a thought for chelsea after dzeko, he needed 10 chances a game