News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Kompany

Started by KunDB, January 28, 2018, 23:39:55

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Good to see VK finally bounce back and last 90 minutes as well. He looked to have shed weight to me and he always looked fit in that regard even if physically frail, so that is some achievement.

His first game since limping off at Newcastle on December 27. Only the second time in two months he ahs achieved that and even better he looked comfortable.

He is such a club legend so I hope he can continue in this vein and stay fit for us, what an unexpected bonus that would be. Given his recent history I know how unlikely that is, but I hope I am proven wrong.

Ludo

Yes, it's good to see him back.

If he could pass the ball forwards every once in a while it'd be a bonus.

Rowley Birkin QC

Vincent has never been a great one for the forward pass  :D

Strange what you get used to. I remember being quite startled when Otamendi, in his first game for us, suddenly pushed up with the ball at his feet and then picked out one of our attacking mids with an accurate forward pass!

goat

hang on, i had the idea vinny was like an aldi beckenbauer. i spose after years of dunne he looked like it

Rowley Birkin QC

We're probably being a bit hard on Kompany - he's not that bad a passer.

Lescott, on the other hand, filled me with cold dread every time he had the ball at his feet and looked like he was thinking of doing something 'creative' with it

Ludo

Yes, normally he was creating havoc.

goat

bring back alan kernaghan

bluebrendan

Tommy Booth would have slotted nicely into a Pep team, a proper footballing centre back.

Neil Mcnab

Legend. I dont believe he will ever be the player he was, injuries and time have taken their toll. A player who will never be able to string together a consistent injury free run of games. Dream he can lift the chumps league as captain this year.