News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

If Kompany stays fit...

Started by Swiss, February 03, 2018, 13:30:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

Does that mean we have the best selection of cb'so in the world?

gavin

Biggest if ever. Not sure Vinny will be first choice in a lot of games.  But certainly I'm happy with our collection. Not sure about the best in the world. Doubt it if you look at defending but up there if you look at playing football.

Swiss

My fault for jinxing in vinny.

I didn't mean undisputed best cb pairing, just the best overall collection of cb's

Neil Mcnab

We have a decent selection, up there with the best. Is Vinny at the top anymore, he must have injury constantly at the back of his mind in a game.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

To be fair to vinny he does go out and perform the best he can. He doesn't seem to hold back in case he gets injured. It must be in the back of his mind though as it is with the rest of us

Ludo

In all honesty I think Vinny's done.

He had poor game today and wasn't particularly good last time out either. He looks nervous each time he has the ball and his passing has gone to shit.

nimrod

Quote from: Ludo on February 04, 2018, 00:01:17
In all honesty I think Vinny's done.

He had poor game today and wasn't particularly good last time out either. He looks nervous each time he has the ball and his passing has gone to shit.

Dont know if I imagined it but he seemed to have a look on his face, like he didnt want to be there

Rowley Birkin QC

Amateur psychologists and body language experts, the lot of you...

Anyway... Vinny is still one of our best defenders, but he certainly made a number of poor decisions during the second half at Turf Moor. He seemed reluctant to bring the ball forward, and on several occasions opted for a lateral pass to a team mate (who had less space to operate in) even though Kompany literally had a quarter of the pitch in front of him with not a single Burnley player standing in it!

It was one of these moments of indecisiveness and putting a team mate under pressure that led to us losing possession and Gündogan (who was obliged to drop back to try and help out) giving away a free kick in a dangerous position - and copping a booking. There were others...

gavin

He probably needs a few games just to get back to it. He's still a top defender for some important games. However, for many games I expect that the extra dimension that Laporte adds will be essential.

For instance, Pep's biggest mistake was not playing Vinny at Monaco last season.

Stephen Paul

he needs a few injury free games to get his confidence back but not sure if he will ever be the player he was unfortunately