News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City away V Clarets Matchthread

Started by KunDB, February 03, 2018, 11:31:59

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

City XI | Ederson, Walker, Danilo, Kompany (C), Otamendi, Fernandinho, Gündogan, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Agüero

Subs | Bravo, Laporte, Adarabioyo, Zinchenko, Yaya Touré, Diaz

C'mon City

Rowley Birkin QC

No Silva or Sane of course, thanks to the recent kickings..

A little worrying, as Burnley won't be a push over, but we should have enough here.

Rowley Birkin QC

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Think peps making a point with the 6 subs and maybe being a bit dramatic, makes us look a bit short of first team experience on the bench.

Rowley Birkin QC

Rowley Birkin QC

Going well, but it should be 0-2 by now.

Not carving out quite enough chances for my liking. I'd like to see a little less patience and a little more urgency bringing the ball out of the back.

gavin

We need to be more deadly in the big games. We let too many decent opportunities pass.

Rowley Birkin QC

How the fuck did Sterling miss that?

Rowley Birkin QC

What the fuck is going on? Our game has fallen apart these last 10 minutes. Probably gifted them a point now. Absolute shit.

Hesperus

Miss good chances like we have done and we’ll always be vulnerable.

We’re short upfront and Pep reckons Jesus is 5-6 weeks away! Where did that come from?

Inexplicable to me where we did not strengthen the attack in Jan.

Rowley Birkin QC

That attack we put out was strong enough. Two really good chances wasted in the first half, and Sterling's appalling miss in the second. And then to make matters worse we lost the plot across the back. Too slow, too lateral. Kompany looked knacked for the last 15 minutes - probably should have been subbed. We only won about one defensive header in every three, and suddenly no one could clear the ball properly. Walker is a liability sometimes.

gavin

Piss poor that. We were poor in that second half. Walker shouldn't be letting that guy finish like that at the far post. Gundogs was shite. Sterling wants shooting. But it was a team effort and collectively we let them stay in the game.

zacc

KunDB

When a draw away to Burnley feels like a painful loss, you know all is good.

Rowley Birkin QC

Going to bed in disgust. I have to work tomorrow. 

Hesperus

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on February 03, 2018, 14:30:21
That attack we put out was strong enough. Two really good chances wasted in the first half, and Sterling's appalling miss in the second.

Strong enough yes, but not today and that's my point. We have nothing to rotate with when it doesn't fire.

We've got a league cup final, arsenal again in the PL, Chelsea, 2 champions league games, FA cup tie, not to mention the other PL games coming up in the next 7 weeks and the attack we put out today is all we have to use during that time.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Neil Mcnab

A poor performance, Burnley stepped it up for a while in the second half and we could not cope. Dinho is a really important player for us. But, he is not getting any younger, has played virtually every game. He needs competition for the place and rotation. Sterling, for all the plus points can f*ck it up in front of goal.
We know the point Pep was making with the six subs, but did that play a part? Dyke could tell his players there is little to fear from the bench and an under 21 not getting closer to the first team.

goat

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on February 03, 2018, 16:11:29
Dinho is a really important player for us. But, he is not getting any younger, has played virtually every game. He needs competition for the place and rotation.

gundy can play there, did for the german lot and wasnt fred meant to be a holding player?

theres always yaya  :D

Neil Mcnab

Gundog, maybe Delph as well, I wont count Toure. Pep doesnt seem keen though. The six subs, a dig at the buying policy as well?