News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

6 subs/Sunday supplement

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, February 04, 2018, 11:59:31

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I liked the last bit...

"You get the best team in the land and they are so good that the only way you can stop them is to foul them. Pep is 100 per cent right and we need to have a look a bit deeper and offer a little bit more protection. We should be celebrating Man City as the best team in the country, they are magnificent and they could go and win the Champions League but they can't do that and do a really good thing for the Premier League when they're being cut off at the knees and being fouled each and every week. It is wrong."

http://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-shows/sunday-supplement/news/11236350/pep-guardiola-within-his-rights-to-name-six-substitutes-say-the-sunday-supplement-panel

gavin

Nice one. I though we were only get a bit of stick for it. I'd prefer it if we'd had a kid on the bench. However, I wholeheartedly agree with Pep that the reffing of our games has been terrible and dangerous.

bluebrendan

Correct decision by Pep, it was that cold and damp in Burnley any kid he used as the 7th sub was only going to suffer for 90 mins!  ;)

zacc

whatever Pep's reasons were (I believe the reasons he gave) it's helped bring to the fore the thuggish play by some teams,
not that the FA will do anything other than charge our players!
::)

Rowley Birkin QC

Indeed - as Zacc says - I suspect that was Pep's motive all along. To draw attention to the kicking we've been getting these last few games.

nimrod

Whatever Peps reasons, it was a bad move, all it achieved was a shitload of bad feeling/PR towards him and the club.

Nobody (who isnt a City fan) is going to feel sorry for the club that has spent more on its players than any other club and if anything other teams might think about going in harder more often to stop City dominating if this is the outcome.

Plus who will sympathise with a rich club who have 9 quality players out on loan ?

Rowley Birkin QC

There's been some adverse comment and also some sympathetic comment ( see BBM's link above) but hardly a "shitload of bad feeling/PR".

Nor it it about what the fans (of other clubs) might think. You've missed the point. This was Pep trying to press a few buttons at the FA and the referee's department.

Mindgames, if you like - you know, like Fergie used to do...

zacc

Quote from: nimrod on February 05, 2018, 22:56:26
Whatever Peps reasons, it was a bad move, all it achieved was a shitload of bad feeling/PR towards him and the club.

Nobody (who isnt a City fan) is going to feel sorry for the club that has spent more on its players than any other club and if anything other teams might think about going in harder more often to stop City dominating if this is the outcome.

Plus who will sympathise with a rich club who have 9 quality players out on loan ?

Interestingly in the article some are with Pep on the need to sort the thuggish behaviour and agree with his decision to name only 6 subs

gavin

I feel sorry for football. It is a shame that the hoofers are allowed to get away with it. I want to see the best players on the pitch. There will be injuries but there is no need for some of the thuggery we see weekly to cause more.