News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City lodge complaint on refereeing

Started by KunDB, February 10, 2018, 04:54:20

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

STORY LINK 1

STORY LINK 2

City have asked to meet the body responsible for Premier League referees to discuss their concern at tackles being made against them.

The Premier League leaders have cited nine challenges this term which they say have not been suitably sanctioned.

I am glad this has been done, as the dinosaurs in the FA and football in general, still think a Roy Keane leg breaking career-ending deliberate tackle is the way 'real' football should be played. 

Rowley Birkin QC

Good. Nothing wrong with stamping our foot now and then. The Ref's association will make the usual soothing noises, but City will have made their point - and it will have an effect.

gavin

I don't see it having much impact. If Pep can't get the officials to agree that the last minute foul on Diaz against WBA was a sending off, after showing them a video after the game, what hope is there?

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on February 10, 2018, 12:13:53
I don't see it having much impact. If Pep can't get the officials to agree that the last minute foul on Diaz against WBA was a sending off, after showing them a video after the game, what hope is there?

Really, the officials did not think that was a sending off on review. On second thoughts, that was Madley wasn't it, he is totally useless and thinks he is wonderful because he lets the game flow and tackles fly in. Totally pathetic and incompetent officials.

gavin

In the presser after the game, Pep stated that he had watched the incident with all of the officials and they all thought it wasn't a sending off.

Swiss

Madley  8s the main  culprit.  Shit  ref.

silvablue

Yet again today major inconsistency by referees when Referee Craig Pawson decided a high boot challenge by Antonio Valencia was not even worth a booking. The same type of a challenge Saido Mane was sent off for when flooring Ederson earlier in the season.

Swiss

I thought he did get a yellow, which meant he can't get a retro ban.

Something that sets mane challenge apart from most is the speed at which he was running. I haven't seen the Valencia one though.

gavin

The only consistent thing about them is how piss poor they are. English refs are nearly as bad as English managers.

Paddy

It is ; r was part and part and parcel of football. get stuck in: "Chopper Harris. scouse twot tat I cant remember plus our own Dave Watson. all would never be able to play football under to days rules, including Vinny Jones