News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Carabao Cup Final Thread

Started by KunDB, February 25, 2018, 13:21:15

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Now confirmed that Sterling is out. I presume Bernardo will be in. Danilo at the back starting along with Kompany and Otamendi I guess. They have been a bit shaky recently and when Bravo is thrown in its worry time.

Will Jesus start?

I prefer Zinchenko to Danilo and the pace of Laporte at centre back with Ederson in goal.

Interesting to see who Pep starts and the formation.

KunDB

City XI | Bravo, Walker, Kompany (c), Otamendi, Danilo, Fernandinho, Silva, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sane, Aguero

Subs | Ederson, Stones, Laporte, Bernardo, Zinchenko, Foden, Jesus

No real surpise sadly

KunDB

Arsenal playing with 3 central defenders.

Calum Chambers starts alongside Laurent Koscielny and Shkodran Mustafi with Nacho Monreal and Hector Bellerin in the wing-back positions.

gavin

Come on Super City. We can beat anyone anywhere.

KunDB

One up half time, but not firing on all cyclinders.

Need a half time Pep talk.

gavin

A poor half all round apart from the fact we're winning. Arsenal have been poor and we've not been much better. Wilshere is a bloody cheat. Great finish from Sergio but it is an awful goal to concede by Arsenal. Hopefully a better second half from City but not from Arsenal.

KunDB

So, so good both Kompany and Aguero score. City legends.

KunDB

Fast becoming a perfect day 3 legends score:

Silva, Kompany & Aguero.

KunDB

I have sympathy for Arsenal fans Wenger and his team are shit.

Well done City.

gavin

We only had to play for 20 minutes to easily beat Arsenal. Well done lads. Another trophy in the cabinet.

Hesperus

Great to win a Trophy. Well done lads! Hopefully the first of many for Pep.

Swiss

Had to 'watch' that on the wireless!

They had nothing but praise for city all match.

Great start to the trophy run up. Now we need to kick on for the rest. Tough week coming up

Neil Mcnab

Arsenal didnt turn up, useless. Vinny has been written off too early, just hope he can keep the standard and fitness. Yes, its the poor relation of the trophies available, but we are on the way. Apparently Pep is agreeing a contract extension soon to top it off.

Lekos

Bish bash bosh. Well played lads. Arsenal didn't even bother turning up.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: KunDB on February 25, 2018, 15:33:40
Arsenal playing with 3 central defenders.

And a fat lot of good it did them. One of them, Mustafi, couldn't even impose himself on the space Aguero stepped into (the space where Mustafi should have been standing) and then just throws his hands up asking for a free kick! Should be thrown out of central defender school for that weak-as-piss snowflake nonsense! 

Then there was the amusing spectacle of the cheating Monreal blatantly diving for a penalty and injuring himself so badly he had to be subbed! And could the obnoxious Wilshere be any more obnoxious? (Trying to get Fernandinho sent off). I used to have a lot of respect for Arsenal (and Wenger) but it's reaching an all time low with these sort of incidents.

But enough of them. City were great - especially the second half. Lovely to see three of the 'old school' clocking up goals, and it's always very special when Kompany bags one. His delight and unconfined joy at scoring for his club is a joy for the rest of us to behold. It may well be the third ranked trophy in English football, but it clearly meant a lot to the players and Pep. A great boost going into some challenging games ahead. Come on City!

zacc

Well that proved simpler than  expected what a contrast to Arse not turning up & Wigan fighting for their lives.
Pleased for Bravo and the veterans of the team getting their goals.
Gotta feel for Mendy still he got in on the act lol
Onwards and upwards

Rowley Birkin QC

That reminds me - Bravo needs to be credited with an assist!

zacc

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on February 26, 2018, 09:57:22
That reminds me - Bravo needs to be credited with an assist!

exactamondo

Paddy

Great result and brilliant performance from the old guard. Well pleased. Onwards and upwards !!!

KunDB

Least of the domestic trophies but when the PL Title is added, what a season and anything else will be a bonus (a must for Pep as he sets high standards).

The feel good factor is sinking in today. Onwards and upwards indeed.