News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Whisky

Started by Lekos, April 10, 2018, 09:18:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Lekos

Anyone a fan? A bit into the single malts and just spent a week on Islay in Scotland. Some nice walks (to and from distilleries!).

We went to 6, Ardbeg, Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Bowmore, Kilchoman, and Bruichladdich.

Anyone got a favourite dram?

The Blue Blooded Maniac

If its got a percentage on the bottle it'll do me.

Went to Gdansk couple of months ago and got off me tits on some proper good vodka. The strip clubs were proper scary. Stay away from the big red mushyrooms.

That about sums up my jolly holiday.

So whisky you say?

Rowley Birkin QC

Currently working my way through a bottle Kilchoman - very, very, nice. Will certainly get another.

Also got a bottle of Talisker on the go (only distillery on Skye I think?) and some very potent local stuff from Tasmania for 'special occasions' (Nant - 83% and expensive!! Company recently went out of business after a major financial scandal, but other Tasmanian single malts getting a lot of international plaudits these days)

Some of my favourite whiskies come out of the Tobermory Distillery on the Isle of Mull. Especially fond of their Ledaig, a bottle of which is, for me, an essential companion to every cold, damp Melbourne winter. Very peaty though - so not to everyone's taste.

goat

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on April 10, 2018, 10:21:08
If its got a percentage on the bottle over 5% it'll do me in.

goat

give koskenkorva salmiakki a go, its fucking horrible like whisky so you might like it

nimrod

Teetotaller me..................well Coffee.

goat

hardly drink either, bottles of shit in fridge since christ knows when

Rowley Birkin QC

So hugely informative contribution to this thread from you two then  ;D

goat

ive done enough daft drinking years ago. i suggested a drink, why aint you drinking it eh

Rowley Birkin QC

koskenkorva salmiakki is a liqueur - this thread is about whisky. 

The Blue Blooded Maniac

You gettin fucked up Rowley?

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on April 10, 2018, 14:47:44
koskenkorva salmiakki is a liqueur - this thread is about whisky.

as  if you could tell the difference after 5 pints of them

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on April 10, 2018, 14:51:08
You gettin fucked up Rowley?

Probably the best way to approach the Liverpool game.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Not wrong their mate!

Lekos

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on April 10, 2018, 12:00:18
Currently working my way through a bottle Kilchoman - very, very, nice. Will certainly get another.

Also got a bottle of Talisker on the go (only distillery on Skye I think?) and some very potent local stuff from Tasmania for 'special occasions' (Nant - 83% and expensive!! Company recently went out of business after a major financial scandal, but other Tasmanian single malts getting a lot of international plaudits these days)

Some of my favourite whiskies come out of the Tobermory Distillery on the Isle of Mull. Especially fond of their Ledaig, a bottle of which is, for me, an essential companion to every cold, damp Melbourne winter. Very peaty though - so not to everyone's taste.

The Kilchoman stuff is nice, but the Laphroaig and Bruichladdich ones really impressed.  We ended up pretty well sozzled in Bruichladdich...accidentally of course. 

If you like the peaty stuff the Bruichladdich Port Charlotte 2007 CC:01 is lovely stuff.  Also discovered the Laphroaig PX cask (Pedro Ximenez Sherry cask) - bloody amazing stuff.  Came back with a couple of bottles of each!

When the reserves start running low I'll get a bottle of Ledaig in!  Any particular one?

Lekos

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on April 10, 2018, 14:53:34
Probably the best way to approach the Liverpool game.

Agreed

Lekos

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on April 10, 2018, 10:21:08
If its got a percentage on the bottle it'll do me.

Went to Gdansk couple of months ago and got off me tits on some proper good vodka. The strip clubs were proper scary. Stay away from the big red mushyrooms.

That about sums up my jolly holiday.

So whisky you say?

Going to Gdansk for a knees up in September.  Any recommendations so I know where to avoid?   :D ;D

goat

just follow the trail of unconscious girls

nimrod

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on April 10, 2018, 13:45:27
So hugely informative contribution to this thread from you two then  ;D

As always..

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: Lekos on April 10, 2018, 18:10:49
Going to Gdansk for a knees up in September.  Any recommendations so I know where to avoid?   :D ;D

Strip clubs!