News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Whisky

Started by Lekos, April 10, 2018, 09:18:43

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on April 10, 2018, 18:10:49
Going to Gdansk for a knees up in September.  Any recommendations so I know where to avoid?   :D ;D

You'll have a ball

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Lekos on April 10, 2018, 16:46:01

When the reserves start running low I'll get a bottle of Ledaig in!  Any particular one?

I can only find their 'standard' 10 year old Ledaig down here in Aus - but by all means try the older and more exotic ones if you have the pockets. Next time I am in the UK / Scotland I am determined to try some of sherry cask Ledaigs they do. 

Ludo

It's not Whisky it's Whiskey.

Jamesons Redbreast 12 year old or if your feeling flush they do a 21 year old.

Liquid gold.

nimrod

Rowley Birkin QC

Yeah - personally I don't care which way you spell it.

Lekos

Whiskey is Irish and Whisky Scottish i thought?

Didn't think that Jamesons made a decent whiskey for some reason! I'll keep the Redbrest in mind, ta. Only other Irish one I've tried is Bushmills which was alright.

goat

wiki will solve this
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fun:Whisky

"Irish whiskey
Irish Whiskey is a cheap way to get really drunk, really fast. God pretty much only invented Jameson to get cheap people and alcoholics drunk quickly with little investment. As a basic rule, cheap Irish is better than cheap Scotch but expensive Irish is only mildly better than cheap Irish while expensive Scotch is like manna from heaven."

Lekos

Ludo

Drinking Scotch is like supporting the rags.

People think it's great until they discover the real thing.

Rowley Birkin QC

rags will never discover "the real thing" - too delusional.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Went up to the lakes recently and not long finished 'The One'  whisky by the Lakes Distillery. They also do a vodka and gin, the vodka is good, not a fan of gin but the missus says it's nice.

bluebrendan

Jameson's, really smooth flavour and Irish, so strictly it should be in a "Whiskey" thread.  ;D

Hesperus

Just decided to try and get into Whisky. First few glasses were rank but I powered through. By the end of the bottle, a speyside from Aldi (it actually gets really good reviews before and laughs) i has stared to like the taste. Read up some more and decided on an Irish whiskey.  Bought and £37 bottle of Teelings from Tesco. Very pricy but absolutely lovely. Thoroughly recommend it and the Aldi one actually.

I’m having to drink it with a bit of water though, does that make me a big Jessie?

Stephen Paul

Jamesons Irish for me

gavin

When I used to drink, I never used to chuck up unless I drank whisky.

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on October 09, 2019, 21:24:42
When I used to drink, I never used to chuck up unless I drank whisky.
Was it New Mills moonshine?

reddishblue

Just drank a bottle and had to hide it in it's box at the back of the cupboard in case she notices it's missing. It was very nice.

Hesperus

Quote from: stephenmcfc on October 09, 2019, 08:41:56
Jamesons Irish for me

Going to try Jameson next I think. I bit of a cheaper alternative to Teelings.

Stephen Paul

quite smooth and enjoyable ;)

goat

i could piss in a bottle and flog it for 15 quid