News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City Liverpool Thread

Started by KunDB, April 10, 2018, 18:40:27

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

I think our main issue was that he did compromise at Anfield and then he had to change the other way because we were 3 down.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on April 11, 2018, 20:57:07
I think our main issue was that he did compromise at Anfield and then he had to change the other way because we were 3 down.

I think the problem was the compromise was the wrong compromise; the wrong players (Laporte, Gundogan) added in positions that they are not familiar with and do not excel for a key away game. Peps tactics at the Eitihad were askew and smacked of desperation and bad judgement; we needed a solid defence to keep a clean sheet more that we needed a blitz attack.

We need a solid defence and a consistent defence, Otamendi has been awesome this season in the main but when the chips are down he is down on the ground with a failed last moment desperation tackle that does not win the ball. Vinny is a legend, but past his sell by date. we need a solid twosome at the back and less rotation of full backs.

gavin

I still think that the major turning point was not the selection but not scoring a second before half time. We'd conceded 6 in the previous two games so it is not as if we'd been solid anyway.

Hesperus

A 2nd before half time would have made a difference but realistically the damage was done in the first leg. History, statistics and probability would suggest a 3 goal deficit with no away goal would make it a almost impossible task.