News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Tough Week

Started by Hesperus, April 14, 2018, 08:43:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

How are we all feeling?

I'm still gutted about the dippers and scum results. Hard not to be really, but putting perspective on it, we've had a great season, playing the best football I've ever seen. So long as we don't implode for the remaining games and we secure the title, it will still be the best season I've ever witnessed in my 45 years of supporting City.

nimrod

Yeah great season, pity we became typical City near the end. Kinda spoilt things a bit.

I still cant believe Peps team v the rags  :(

I can live with the CL result as I really couldnt give a shit about Europe, Id be happy if City won 2 of the 3 domestic comps every year

Europe is stressful and the reffing is shite and EUFA hate City, I dont think they like us booing their shitty anthem.

I mean will they punish Dipperpool for their 'welcome' party ? will they fuck.

Hesperus

The rags result hurt the most, have to agree. Also agree on the team selection, despite being 2 up at HT I'll never be convinced Pep got the team right for that game.

Anyway, we move on and hopefully we'll secure the title soon.

Neil Mcnab

It has definitely taken the gloss off.

Six weeks ago according to the media, we were all but certain to win the champions league and would break all records in the league. We would be dominating everything for years to come. Now those same experts are asking who can beat Liverpool to the title next year.

Try to ignore all that shit, disappointed about not beating the shit to win the league. Our showing against Liverpool previously ignoring when Sane got sent off it was always going to be a struggle.

The league is the measure of a team.

KunDB

These things happen, I can deal with losing but it is the manner of these losses that is hard to swallow and has me frustrated (to put it politely). Soft goals in most cases, and more worryingly it seems Pep has only Plan A, all out possession and attack. Fun to watch but in the latter stages of cups you need to be able to buckle down and defend for periods, no matter how good you are.

gavin

Winning it against them in style at home would have been a dream come true but it's still been a great season so far. We need to finish with a bit of style now then there can be no complaint but maybe a slight whiff of what might have been.

The title winners are the best team in England and we can be proud of that if we finish it.