News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Wenger

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, April 20, 2018, 11:05:45

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Calling it a day at the end of the season at the arse.

5 years too late me thinks but the board seem a useless lot anyway.

Stephen Paul

Great in his day but agree should have gone before now

Swiss

Problems for him started when he began disappearing up his own arse regarding spending on players and how well run a club Arsenal are in terms of finances.

And linked were the purchases of dodgy youth players...

Having said that, he has brought a few cracking players to the prem. But not consistently enough. Also the arsenal fans are almost as bad as the pool fans for entitlement

goat

alan pardew or tony pulis for the job?

Neil Mcnab

Changed football for the better. Spent less than his rivals in recent years, how were Arsenal supposed to keep up?

nimrod

Quote from: goat on April 20, 2018, 17:10:32
alan pardew or tony pulis for the job?

Hughes should be free in summer.

If I were them Id get the bloke from Bournemouth, Eddie Howe, good long term manager and plays Arse style footie.

Rowley Birkin QC

Could never quite work out whether it was Wenger who really didn't want to spend money on players - or the notoriously tight fisted Arsenal board?

I still quite like Wenger. Sure, he didn't seem to like us much, and the moaning got worse as he got older and as the trophies got less frequent - but his heart was in the right place. Always wanted to play proper football. I can't recall any of his Arsenal teams ever parking the bus. Always had a go.

shandon

I liked him at first as his team was the only real competition for the rags for a while. But obviously he stayed on too long at the end.

Swiss

I think his spending pennies is a bit of a myth to keep fans on his side which has actually backfired.

In the past 5 years, Arsenal have spent 318m on new players. Not record breaking but for a club at the top, surely a churn of replacing old with new should happen?!

£52m for Lacazette shows they can dip their hand in the market at the top end as does
£56m for Aubameyang
£38m for Sanchez
Xhaka cost £41m
Mustafa £37m
Danny Wellshit â,¬20m
Callum Chambers â,¬20m
(Info from The Independent)

For me, it's the shear amount of low cost failed signings that have made them suffer. He just doesn't grasp that he can turn every player into a world class star.
Debuchy, Perez, Paulista for a combined £45m
Asano â,¬4m (23yr old striker)
Cech â,¬14m, leading the charts for most mistakes leading to a goal
Elneny â,¬12.5m
Rob Holding â,¬3m

Don't get me wrong, Aubameyang is quality and I liked Lacazette in the French Ligue 1. But the rest aren't exactly top 4 quality and they've lost some of their players that gave them the Arsenal grit.

Wenger only has himself to blame

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Boss of Scotlands best pub team is in the frame aswell, poor gooners

gavin

He had a great era early on but it has long since passed. His Arsenal side was the best side that I ever saw at Maine Road but not as good as City are now  :D.

goat

how many of that arsenal team would  get in this city?

viera
henry
adams
overmars

complete change of system to get bergkamp in

Swiss

Bergkamp could play the false nine that pep's tried a few times.

Pires?