News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Every story needs a decent climax

Started by gavin, May 08, 2018, 21:01:07

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

There is no doubt that this is the best City side that I have ever seen. Over the season they have been absolutely fantastic. The best side in Premier League history too. But I can't help but feel that when the season has come to a crescendo twice - at home to the scum and last weekend - we have faltered. Both would have been glorious climaxes to a fantastic season. I just so hope that the players give themselves the glorious finish that their play this season deserves. A big win tomorrow night to end the season in style at home and break a few records is needed. Yes, I'm a greedy bastard.

KunDB

Exactly what I was thinking.

Magnificent as the season was and prolific as we were, I cannot help feel we should have scored a lot more in the league. However, we have a young front line, Sane, Sterling, Jesus, so it is both frightening and exciting to think how much better we could be next season.

Neil Mcnab

Since we have been almost certain to be league winners for a long time, it does feel like a bit of an anti climax. It would have been a perfect time to be crowned champions winning against the shit, but that opportunity went. Hopefully 100 points will make it a bit more memorable.