News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Yaya

Started by KunDB, May 12, 2018, 10:50:29

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

A fond farewell to a City icon, Yaya, who kicked us up to the next level of football. Who can ever forget his FA Cup final goal, 14 May 2011, and the excitement and relief of that moment; winning our first major trophy for 35 barren years, wiping out that hateful Utd banner and signalling our serving notice that we would indeed finally overtake Utd as the dominant force in PL football. I for one will never forget that moment at Wembley, the poor City fan in front of me could not even bear to watch the remaining 16+ minutes of the game after Yaya scored for fear of the worst happening. Yaya showed City the level we needed to be playing at, leading the way by example.

I think City should seriously consider erecting a statue of him around the stadium.

goat

gavin

I reckon it is a decent idea in general. We probably should have more recognition of famous historical players around the ground too. One of the stands should be renamed after Bert Trautmann for instance. There should be some recognition of Roberto Mancini too.

goat

if every fucker that scored a goal against stoke had a statue it would be like the terracotta army

the mancini toilets

Neil Mcnab

I agree, Yaya has been statuesque for a few years now.

KunDB

Don't be such a mean bunch; Goat, Neil.

Yaya was significantly influential, even if his agent was a mega pain in the arse and Yaya has faded out over the last few years. He still had three great years that drove us up another level.

Swiss

I'd say 3 seasons ago we began having these conversations about Yaya.

Some say he's the greatest of the revolution era.
Whilst hugely influential in his pomp, that apple falls to our captain imo.
Oh captain, my captain.