News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Jorginho

Started by KunDB, June 01, 2018, 19:40:34

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Quote from: Lekos on July 14, 2018, 20:33:11
I don't remember any protracted transfers last summer? They were all done pretty sharpish and we got our top targets (perhaps with the exception of Ederson but that's turned out pretty well anyway).

There's more to this Jorginho transfer. It's probably on here but can't be arsed to scroll up. It's definitely online.

For the record;
Dani Alves
Sanchez
Fred
Now Jorginho

A pattern of failure and maybe even naivety.

goat

only one would have been an improvement on the squad, no loss

Swiss

Until a contract is physically signed between the clubs, it isn't official

gavin

If you're going to negotiate to try to get a good deal then you're going to miss out on some. Better than being shafted on every transfer in my opinion. You never know, whoever we end up with might end up being better or Delph might stay fit and be a revelation, again. If the player really wanted to come the he should have refused to go to Chelsea.

Hesperus

I wasn't keen on him anyway to be honest but DM is a position we do need to strengthen. It concerns me that the noises coming out of City are that we are not looking at anyone else.

We messed up after our last two titles by not recruiting correctly. Hope we're not making the same mistake again.

gavin

I'm sure we're looking at alternatives but £80m for a Madrid reserve seems a bit much to be fair.

zacc

this comment from MEN article points to not being held to ransom

The club have adapted a clear transfer policy in recent windows of trying not to overpay, relying on the will of players to play under Guardiola in Manchester (and still-considerable sums of money) to get in the right profile of new signing even if it has meant missing out on some stars.

Lekos

Quote from: KunDB on July 15, 2018, 14:03:54
For the record;
Dani Alves
Sanchez
Fred
Now Jorginho

A pattern of failure and maybe even naivety.

Fair enough on that list, but Alves changed his mind (nothing City could do), Sanchez tried to blackmail us (glad we didn't give in to those demands).  Fred...not so sure about. 

Jorginho transfer is heavily tied in with Sarri moving to Chelsea from the same club.  Napoli basically told Jorginho if he didn't go to Cheslea they would hold him to remainder of his contract in Italy.  Again...not much we could do.

We can't sign everyone we go after, and some of the players we go after are almost decoys for other targets.

Anyway, we need an additional DM player and it's a shame we haven't got either Fred or Jorginho.

Lekos

Quote from: zacc on July 17, 2018, 09:09:06
this comment from MEN article points to not being held to ransom

The club have adapted a clear transfer policy in recent windows of trying not to overpay, relying on the will of players to play under Guardiola in Manchester (and still-considerable sums of money) to get in the right profile of new signing even if it has meant missing out on some stars.

I like it.

KunDB

Quote from: Lekos on July 17, 2018, 12:11:36
Fair enough on that list, but Alves changed his mind (nothing City could do), Sanchez tried to blackmail us (glad we didn't give in to those demands).  Fred...not so sure about. 

Jorginho transfer is heavily tied in with Sarri moving to Chelsea from the same club.  Napoli basically told Jorginho if he didn't go to Cheslea they would hold him to remainder of his contract in Italy.  Again...not much we could do.

We can't sign everyone we go after, and some of the players we go after are almost decoys for other targets.

Anyway, we need an additional DM player and it's a shame we haven't got either Fred or Jorginho.

I acknowledge we cannot always be successful in the transfer market, but we seem to have developed a pattern of letting transfers get long drawn out risking their collapse/or hijacking. When the deal is good as done a few pound either way hardly matters, why let our competitors pounce and pay a few quid more after we have done all the hard negotiation.

We should never enter transfer dealings (in or out) with Napoli again while Aurelio De Laurentiis is there. That would send a clear message that we wont be messed around.

Onwards and upwards, but we do need to strengthen, as to not do so would repeat the mistakes of the past. I know that we have a mainly young title winning squad and it should only get better but you need to keep moving forward and improving your squad to stay ahead of the chasing pack.

Paddy

Apparently we are still in the market for a backup for Fernandiniho. Stones did a good job in that position on Sunday when Vinny after came on