News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Raheem

Started by gavin, July 03, 2018, 22:44:31

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

I thought he was England's most creative and best attacking player tonight. They were considerably weaker when he went off. Well done Raheem.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Your joking aren't you Gav?

He was the worst player on the pitch by a mile. He did absolutely nothing.

Lekos

Haha. I'm with the wise BBM.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I've been called many things in my time Alexi but that's a new one haha.

gavin

He did a lovely, skillful pass down the line for someone into space and also created a decent chance for Lingard who should have done better. He was continually coming into midfield to take part in build up in the first half. England lost all creativity until the second half of extra time when he went off.

Are you watching the games or just listening and reading idiot commentators?

gavin

"Penalty?! England come away on the break, Raheem Sterling does brilliantly and plays in Jesse Lingard, who goes down as he looked to get a shot away."

bluebrendan

He was a long way from being the worst player, as well as the passes Gav mentioned he made a couple of excellent runs into the area in the first half and was totally ignored by Kane and Alli. It was noticeable that England lost their attacking shape after he was subbed off, Vardy did fuck all and although Kane dropped deeper he isn't a player who can link midfield and attack as well as Sterling does.

Hesperus

Much better from Sterling last night. Not our best player but his best game in the tournament and he was far ahead of Alli and Lingard. I was cursing when Southgate subbed him. 100% agree that we looked a worse team when Sterling went off.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I am a fan of his and he has been great for us this season so don't think I'm only saying it because I'm against him, because I definitely am not.

From what I remember he didn't see much of the ball, when he did it bounced off him SWP style and he also gave the ball away a good few times.

I don't hold it against him really as it was a physical game and with the inconsistency of the ref, him drawing fouls that were going unnoticed left him near useless to the team.

I don't think England were any better with or without him on the pitch. I hope he manages to do better against the Swedes.

gavin

I don't know what you were watching! Did you have the TV on at the time?

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Haha yes I did Gav :p

Lekos

Sterling is a good player. Ultimately though he's just a super expensive SWP that has been told where to run by Pep.

Few nice touches here and there, seems lile a nice bloke. No real top class quality IMO.

Would love for him to smash in a few goals or create some really clear chances.

'Made a run' or 'did a nice backheel' or 'played one good through ball' doesn't cut it. He was OK ladt night, not great - but then England as a whole weren't all that either.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Did you get all giddy cos of the penalties Gav and spend the night running up and down the street chanting 'it's coming home!!'? ;)

gavin

Nah couldn't really give a shit about England but it does rile me that Sterling is consistently better than Lingard and Young and yet consistently gets stick.

I never said that he was great just that he was the most creative and best attacking player and I stand by that. He did create a clear chance for Lingard. But more importantly many more for us last season and a load of goals too - when it mattered. He's a very good, effective player and could become great. I think he has the mentality to do that considering the shit he gets and yet he just carries on trying. He doesn't get enough credit for that.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Nobody is denying his effort or ability Gav, he just couldn't get into the game. It happens.

I am with you that the media and alot of other people slate the hell out of him for no apparent reason, but the reason for this opinion is based solely on last night's performance.

Maybe I was over reacting by saying he was the worst player on the pitch, but he certainly didn't do anything to help the cause. I want all those related to City to do well. I'm peed off that Raheem, Kev (playing out of position), Aguero and others have not done themselves any justice whatsoever in this tournament.

Yes I want England to do well, but I also want our players to do well and I try my very best to judge them fairly.

And to add I think Young hasn't done much either but Lingard has been pretty good along with Kane, Loftus Cheek, Pickford and Stones. Walker has been a bit more miss than hit but he isn't a CB and Delph has been decent enough when called upon.

That is all for now :D

lee

dele ali and lingard were the shittest players on the pitch..sterling played well imo

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Oh the divide!!

bry the guy

Why did Vardy not take a pen?

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Can only assume that it was on a voluntary basis or that Dier had had more success in training?

gavin

Vardy was down to take the 5th but injured himself just before the penalties and so Dier took it instead.