News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Raheem

Started by gavin, July 03, 2018, 22:44:31

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Raheem was England's best attacking player again in that first half. Shame he couldn't finish it off.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Can agree with that Gav ;)

Rowley Birkin QC

He's saving it all for the last two games...

bluebrendan

Although he probably should have scored Sterling's movement was excellent again today.

Alli was abysmal, if he hadn't scored he would surely have been dropped for the semi-final and may still be. It's fair to say that Croatia's midfield will present a bigger problem than anything England have faced so far.

Pickford made some good saves but it must be a worry for Southgate that a relatively average team were getting so many efforts on target.

Rowley Birkin QC

Croatia were my 'dark horse' tip to go well and fly under the radar a bit (the only re-tournament prediction I got right!)  Not too shabby a team at all. It's going to be a serious semi final test for England.

zacc

Sterling was sterling he was a productive player in many aspects.
Lack of goals are the only focus by many not realising how much he terrorises defenses
resulting in the free kicks that bring the goals. 

Hesperus

His best game at the tournament so far. Our most creative player, just wish he could get a goal or two. Maybe the semi or final will be his turn to get on the scoresheet!

Paddy

I feel sure Sterling will score against Croatia

gavin

I don't think they improved once after taking Sterling off.

bry the guy

he was the only player that who worried them and when he went off so did our chance.

Swiss

I felt lindgard should have come off instead. He looked like he was running through treacle form the 50th minute.

Hesperus

Agree with Swiss. Alli again had another stinker. Southgates subs were poor, taking Walker off when Trippier was knackered was another weird one and left us playing with 10 for the last 5 mins.

Lekos

Henderson was just lumping long balls forward for most of the second half ffs

Swiss

That was pretty much Hendo in most of the matches

Stephen Paul

Sterling got a lot of abuse from England fans , must have been the scousers 

Swiss

There was a lot of bandwagoners in oxfordshire too. was over the top

Neil Mcnab

If we are keeping him, he needs to sign a new contract. If not he needs to be shipped out. Chelsea would be favourite as they might need to replace a winger or two. He is a London lad and would no doubt jump at the chance.

Swiss

If he can sort his finishing out, he'd be one of the best in the world.

Stretches defences and gets in the right positions to score/assist/ attract a foul.