News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

RIP Mum

Started by Hesperus, September 22, 2018, 09:29:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

Lost my mum yesterday, she died from a very rare bone marrow disease, from diagnosis to death took just 10 days. We're all crushed.  Mum was a big blue, season ticket holder and would have been at the game today with my Dad. She'll be watching from a different place today, her seat will be empty but she'll still be cheering us on. Love you mum, rest in peace.

goat

well thats shit, sorry fella

Rowley Birkin QC

So sorry to hear about your mum, Hesperus.  I can scarcely imagine what the last ten days must have been like for you and your family. What a shock.

Lost my mum in March after a long battle with cancer. Terrible watching her slow deterioration. Keep your family and friends close, and keep your mum in your memories. All the best - John

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Sorry to hear that mate. Let's hope the lads give her the result she would have wanted and to put a smile on all your faces.

Since I've gotten older I've learnt to appreciate my parents and grandparents and try and spend as much time with them as I can because as we all know, you just don't know how much time you have left with them.

Hesperus

Thanks guys, yes it has been a huge shock to us all, and you're right goat, it's shit. Just disbelief really, is still can't take in what I witnessed yesterday morning and the events of the last 10 days.

Sorry to hear about your mother John. As I'm finding out, it's really hard.

You're right BBM, as we get older we appreciate our parents more.  For the last 10-15 years I've been very close to my parents and I have some amazing memories to treasure. Glad you're doing the same 

gavin

Best wishes to you and your family at this awful time. I'll bet she enjoyed these last few years following the blues.

Paddy

Please accept my deepest sympathy

Neil Mcnab

Difficult to give a decent response. My mum had been ill for years, still a stomach punch when they go. All the best mate.

Swiss

Hard to know what to say in these circumstances, but peace be with you and your family