News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

So....

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, August 05, 2018, 00:40:36

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

So theres the common knowledge that your father in law acquires and restores classic cars for a living, which in turn he acquires the car of your dreams.

Then you end up just sitting there in a heap of a mess until your aloud to witness the creaming stance of filth.

(no it isn't a Corsa Gsi).

Yes I'm sat there at the in laws, pissed as a fart with me missus, and he tells me he had a lotus carlton in his yard. Then persues me asking a million questions, him asking a million more, and then (as my wife told me (yes I got married(in secret))) started blushing and sweating and the prospect at meeting what I've always adored,it all just equated to sleeplessness, resulting in....

Morning all!!!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Do mind the spelling and grammer, in the space of an hour I've inhaled half a bottle of rum, half a bottle of whisky, and the car of my dream.

Tell us a story boys! ;)

Swiss

Stories about meeting the in-laws?

I'm struggling to understand your ramble above and if there was any actual outcome or something. Did you get married in secret and was this your first meeting with your in-laws?

A couple of girlfriends ago, I met her rents and her dad told me he met his wife when he was about 21 and how he asked her farther for permission to woo her.
Wasn't until a few hours later that, through other conversation, I realised his wife was 8 years younger than him...

goat

asked if in-laws were brother and sister, we never got on after that

goat

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on August 05, 2018, 00:40:36
(yes I got married(in secret)))

when are you planning on telling her  :D

take it its not a secret now then eh

gavin

Is he giving it you or at least letting you drive it a bit?

Gareth

Lotus Cortina Mk1 for me, please (after I've won the lottery)...

gavin

More likely an old Ford Cortina for me.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: goat on August 05, 2018, 13:21:28
asked if in-laws were brother and sister, we never got on after that

Wales though init. Nuff said :D

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: goat on August 05, 2018, 13:25:03
when are you planning on telling her  :D

take it its not a secret now then eh

Yee it's still a secret. I swear I'll tell her as soon as she comes out the coma.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: gavin on August 05, 2018, 14:56:43
Is he giving it you or at least letting you drive it a bit?

I have been hinting at him giving it to me (and the car ;)  ) but its not even in that good condition and its still worth 60k so I may be pissing in the wind a bit.

It needs some work to get it through its mot but he said he will take me for a drive when she's good to go.

He collects Morris Minors so I'm not expecting a world touring car championship drive. I think he knows better to let me get behind the whe though. 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds and top speed of 180ish. Would be saying my goodbyes before head definitely.