News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sterling targeted because of race

Started by Neil Mcnab, August 13, 2018, 22:03:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Mcnab

According to Ian Wright, Sterling gets a lot of stick because of his colour:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45177178

Sorry, dont agree at all. Rooney was the last one to get loads of stick in an England shirt. Beckscum had it. There is a long line of them. Football is massive. Each game is (over) analysed, so are the performances.

Yaya had no complaints when it was all going well. When it was going downhill, guess what?

Sterling ran around a lot in the world cup, missed a load of sitters. End of.

Lekos

Not really. He gets targeted for having the temerity to shop in Primark, daring to eat breakfast after losing a match and the audacity to buy his mum a house.

Race related or not he gets massively negative press and it's ridiculous.

Swiss

It's mainly because he dared to leave liverpool

gavin

It has a lot to do with race in my opinion. Beckscum and Rooney were and are treated a lot better despite far worse behaviour.

Hesperus

Quote from: Swiss on August 14, 2018, 06:56:39
It's mainly because he dared to leave liverpool

That's my view too, way too many dipper journalists out there who all firmly believe in the "greatest club in the world, ever" myth.

That said, if racism is the cause then it's disgusting and should be exposed.

KunDB

As pointed out earlier some of the attacks are not football related and are race motivated.

Yes he ran about in the world cup and did not score but he terrified defences, it is not all about scoring. Black and dumping Liverpool equals cardinal sins in the eys of the media.

goat

i was watching on a yank stream, took less than 5 minutes to start up about his poor world cup

Gareth

What Ian Wright says makes a lot of sense, but there's clearly a media agenda beyond just the racism ... there's lots of young black players in the league - including at the Rags and at Pool - who don't get the same level of, errr, 'scrutiny' as does Raheem.
I'm guessing, Raheem was white, playing for pretty much any club - no problem. Raheem was still playing for Pool - no problem. But now he's become a target, he gets abuse just because he's a target, it's too easy to do that now.

Neil Mcnab

I think there are a lot of blue tinted glasses out there. Might feel differently when he has gone. A lot of undue criticism yes, the stuff recorded on twitter was contradictory, lavish lifestyle then a skinflint. I dont see the race bit.

Rowley Birkin QC

bry the guy

Ithink he will do the same to City.

Paul lakes knee

Bit of both I think, but eh fact that he dared to leave Liverpool is the slightly bigger factor I think- how many pundits are ex Liverpool? Owen, McMananamn, Aldridge, Lawrenson........The whole Liverpool thing is a big, stupid cult.