News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Brexit

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, September 03, 2018, 22:46:51

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The whole thing seems to have been an absolute sham from the beginning.

I'm not all that clued up on politics and voted leave pretty much due to the promises made in favour of the NHS.

Those promises haven't been kept (shocker) plus the whole set up for the referendum was rushed and the voters weren't informed properly of the effects of each potential result.

There has been plenty of talk of a do over, which I am fully in favour of as I would definitely change my vote and after becoming more aware of the situation, I'm sure many others would change their vote too.

goat

The Blue Blooded Maniac

goat

if i was your dad id have beat the shit out of you for doing something that stupid in the first place

goat

cant see it being cancelled

best we will probably  get is a  vote on taking no deal or whatever useless shit the tories have left scribbled on a fag packet that the e.u hasnt laughed out the room

gavin

Given the people making the promises regards NHS funding it amazes me the people believed them at all. They were clearly oversimplified bollocks from the very start. There is a myriad of benefits and losses from being in the EU, to take the money put into the EU and say you could spend that on the NHS was plainly ridiculous.

This is what you get when you put the future in the hands of millions of idiots.

goat

would help if they had the right amount in the first place

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on September 04, 2018, 07:32:29
Given the people making the promises regards NHS funding it amazes me the people believed them at all. They were clearly oversimplified bollocks from the very start. There is a myriad of benefits and losses from being in the EU, to take the money put into the EU and say you could spend that on the NHS was plainly ridiculous.

This is what you get when you put the future in the hands of millions of idiots.
Perhaps not as they did vote the likes of Boris and Gove into power in the first place, gullibility beating common sense yet again! 

Kilkenny Blue

So, will there be another vote then?

goat

gavin

No, there won't be another vote. Anyone individual can change their mind, we have elections regularly, but if you have a referendum then it is cast in stone and cannot be reversed apparently. It doesn't matter if it is going to be a complete fuck up. We must all pay because millions of idiots have spoken.

goat

its the will of some people

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Well you seem to pointing the finger at the common man who is an 'idiot'. Surely that's a bit a harsh because as 'the common man' that I am, and as I said in my original post, I know cock all about politics. Baring that in mind, where the hell are we supposed to stand in regards to these things? We all know that politicians are serial bullshitters so is it a case of vote for who you think is lying the least?

Plus the mention of the population having to live by the sword in regards to living with the repucusions of who they vote for and standing by whoever wins the election, didn't Labour win the last elevation and it was a case of tough shit cos Teresa decided to stand with the Irish lads so she could swing the votes in her favour?

Bare in mind that she was never voted in in the first place and just dived in once Cameron spat his dummy out.

So what power does the population have with their vote?

goat

because of fptp our votes have no real power. you want to vote for the greens, lib dems, plaid etc? that ends up being a vote to help the  tories get in

we should never have been given the option to vote on this in the first place seeing as the average bloke on the street has no real clue what the eu really do. main reason i voted remain is the eu subsidise the fuck out of wales, if it was left to the english we would all be eating tom jones pubes in a mud hut in merthyr

The Blue Blooded Maniac

For the first time in Mancs history, goaty tits has an extremely valid point, we should have never been given the vote in the first place!

gavin

Yep, 'democracy' is a joke. There's really no such thing when the person or persons who gets most votes doesn't win as happens in both the US and UK.

We only had a vote on Europe in the first place so Cameron could keep his party in line for a bit.

Sorry, but believing Gove, Boris, Farage about NHS funding is idiotic. Never mind, we are all idiots a lot of the time. That is why we are generally allowed to change our minds...

The Blue Blooded Maniac

So, the answer is?

gavin

Blimey, I'd have to be a lot more intelligent to actually have answers as well as see the problems. Though it would be a good start to ensure that the person or persons with the most votes wins the election.

Kilkenny Blue

All of the people I've spoken to who voted to leave would change their vote if there was another referendum.  Most of them did as a protest vote.

gavin

There should be another referendum on the final agreement or no deal. As indicated previously, this insistence that the outcome of any referendum must be final is crazy and inconsistent. Nobody knew the detail of what was being voted for at the time. People should be allowed to change their minds as they often do on big decisions.

Democracy is a sham and isn't working but there is no real alternative except to improve it by making it by actually making the results reflect the votes cast. It is an embarrassing mess to have popular vote losers win the election. There is something badly wrong with the party and electoral systems when we end up with Trump, Johnson and the like as political leaders. It is very difficult to find a politician to take seriously at the moment.