News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Brexit

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, September 03, 2018, 22:46:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Lekos

I might go for an acca of Asians, anyone with an international baccalaureate diploma (foreign muck) and remainers.

Swiss

Quote from: goat on September 15, 2018, 13:33:27
Some kind of pre-vote testing should be brought in

You mean an IQ test?

What's the criteria? +120 and not racist?

goat

do you understand the question and not racist will do

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on October 06, 2018, 16:33:20

In the EU commissioners are faceless Eurocrats, accountable to few and wont be pushed out if the electorate dont like what they are doing. Without looking one up, name a commissioner. I cant. 

Most people in the UK can't even name one of their local councillors - so not being able to name a Eurocrat hardly seems relevant?

Neil Mcnab

MPs are the ones helping instigate primary legislation, not councillors. Wrong comparison.  You can vote out a councillor.

Rowley Birkin QC

As mention in previous replies - they can instigate primary legislation, but it can't become law without a vote in the European Parliament. Who do you think helps "instigate primary legislation" for MP's in Westminster? Un-elected Private Secretaries and their civil service departments. Granted, the euro commissioners do have some extraordinary powers (to enforce existing laws), but they cannot impose laws on the British people that have not already been passed in the elected chamber - any more than a British civil servant can do.

Neil Mcnab

The Euro MPs dont need anything except a big rubber stamp for laws not of their making. If UK legislation encounters problems suiting all parts of the UK, times that by 27 for the EU. Impossible.

gavin

I just don't get how you think that UK legislation is aimed for the benefit of ordinary people anyway. Many of the important protections we have as individuals come from EU legislation. To my mind one set of idiotic wankers counter balances the other. The thought of a Tory government being able to do whatever it wants is scary indeed.

Lekos

If anyone thinks an MP in London gives a flying fuck about Dave the plumber from Stockport they're deluded.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Lekos on October 23, 2018, 21:18:01
If anyone thinks an MP in London gives a flying fuck about Dave the plumber from Stockport they're deluded.
What about Aristotle in Athens? Will he care more.

Lekos

He's dead mate. So, no.

goat

thoughts and prayers greeko

Lekos

Thanks mate.  He died around 2300 years ago so I've pretty much come to terms with it now  :D

goat

hahahahahaha

thick cunts

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Christ, aids on toast this.

bluebrendan

Fucking hell the Tories are even dithering about getting rid of May, no wonder they can't run the country. If they do eventually decide to get rid we should have a general election, I've never liked this business of replacing the PM just because the PM's party are pissed off with their leadership.

reddishblue

Does anyone know WTAF is happening?

goat

what 48% sort of predicted

reddishblue

I am now as clear minded as I ever was. Confusion Theory reigns.

Abstract
Used the method of reproduction to measure the illusion generated by that Muller-Lyer figure with obliques directed inward. In Exp. I, the angle between the obliques and the shaft of the figure was varied. The illusion decreased with increasing angle of the obliques. In Exp. II, length of obliques was concomitantly varied with angle size so as to keep distance between opposite obliques constant. 34 undergraduates were used in both experiments. Exp. II showed no effect of the angle of the obliques, indicating that the Muller-Lyer illusion results in part from confusion of the shaft length with the distance between the ends of obliques. In Exp. III with 44 undergraduates, the distance between ends of obliques was varied along with the angle size in a factorial design. The results indicate a strong effect of the distance and an interaction between the 2 variables. The latter effect is also explainable by the confusion hypothesis. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2016 APA, all rights reserved)

reddishblue

For those still confused here is a simple diagram.