News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Brexit

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, September 03, 2018, 22:46:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

::) - reddishblue offering us a rare insight into Jose Mourinho's team talks and white board diagrams down at the swamp.

No wonder it's going so well.

Neil Mcnab

reddishblue

Bowdonblue

No. She's got it completely wrong. It won't be Apples we'll be eating, but spuds. We are completely self sufficient when it comes to the humble potato. There will be no shortage of them, and they are rich in vitamins and other minerals essential for our health and well-being. Other root vegetables such as swedes and turnips will also be readily available, so a road kill rabbit, or illegally poached trout from a nearby river mixed with those basic ingredients will make a tasty and nutritious stew.

Remoaners.............they don't know nuffink.

Rowley Birkin QC

The other day some grey haired ex-pat Brit in a shop (who presumably picked up on my accent) struck up an unwanted conversation with me about how wonderful Brexit is going to be - and how "British farmers will be supplying British milk, and produce, to British people!"  She then went on to inform me that Australian food was dreadful, and probably killing us because our food labelling and additive laws are "no where near as good as Britain's".

When I calmly pointed out that the UK's food regulations owed a considerable beneficial debt to EU regulation and compliance she screamed "Nonsense!" at me - and stormed out of the shop.

This is the quality of debate and misinformation we are dealing with.

gavin

These idiots need to be stopped from voting on things. Referenda should be made illegal.

Rowley Birkin QC

Don't like Referenda either. Not the 'democratic silver bullet' everyone thinks they are. Too easily manipulated - and a long history of this.

goat

we are all kinds of fucked then. the electorate are fucking stupid and the the knobheads we pay to decide this kind of shit are fucking stupid

i vote we let the animals take over, president bear or some shit

bluebrendan

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on December 02, 2018, 03:03:07
The other day some grey haired ex-pat Brit in a shop (who presumably picked up on my accent) struck up an unwanted conversation with me about how wonderful Brexit is going to be - and how "British farmers will be supplying British milk, and produce, to British people!"  She then went on to inform me that Australian food was dreadful, and probably killing us because our food labelling and additive laws are "no where near as good as Britain's".

When I calmly pointed out that the UK's food regulations owed a considerable beneficial debt to EU regulation and compliance she screamed "Nonsense!" at me - and stormed out of the shop.

This is the quality of debate and misinformation we are dealing with.
Presumably if post-Brexit Britain is going to be so wonderful she was on her way to book a one-way ticket back "home"?

Thought not...

Lekos

Quote from: goat on December 03, 2018, 09:47:05
we are all kinds of fucked then. the electorate are fucking stupid and the the knobheads we pay to decide this kind of shit are fucking stupid

Exactly this, probably minus the bear bit. (Probably.)

gavin

Why not a bear? Surely better than the dog in charge now.

Bowdonblue

Quote from: goat on December 03, 2018, 09:47:05

The brexiteers I know are like the horse in Animal Farm!

Stephen Paul

Ireland is now centre of the Universe

goat

the trouble you cause stevie

bluebrendan

Quote from: stephenmcfc on February 04, 2019, 06:17:57
Ireland is now centre of the Universe
I'm sure the Alternative Arrangements Working Group will sort it all out!  :o

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47110641

Did they lift that name straight out of "Yes, Minister"??

goat

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Faciest's wear black and go around telling people what to do, whereas priests....

Stephen Paul

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on February 04, 2019, 20:54:31
Faciest's wear black and go around telling people what to do, whereas priests....
quality :D