News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Imperfection

Started by Paddy, December 04, 2018, 22:14:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

Pep is a great manager; probably the best but his substitutions against Watford tonight were flawed;. Why did he take off Company, (HE; Pep kept pointing towards his hamstring) which was a sign for Vincent to come off, although their was no sign of injury; and he won't be playing against Chelsea) So why bring him off and upset the back four which had everything under control. I can understand taking David Silver off but why also Jesus, that left us with virtually no attacking midfielder or striker. In effect "Parking the bus". This took the pressure of the defence and allowed them to get forward and assist the attack; chancy tactics when only two nil up and the game had not even been put to bed. Lucky to get away with it....

gavin

Vinny did look to feel his hamstring a couple of times. But then he looked happy coming off. All a bit confusing. Jesus did himself no favours by missing chances. We got through it but it was unusually rough at the end. I agree we didn't help ourselves in many ways by suddenly not passing and maybe the signals did come from the managers actions.

Paddy

Gavin; Maybe we don't have enough depth when the main players are absent and we are about to lose a fringe player to Real which we cannot afford to let go (Brahim Diaz)

NileRivers

Noticed since Bournemouth when Silva or/and Kompany not there team lack direction.Although Fernandinho been doing well keeping the team together but he cannot do it alone while someone like Kevin De Bruyne still on the sidelines.
Last season got away cos De Bruyne played that talishman role.

KunDB

VK clearly had an injury, albeit not major. He was struggling pace wise, so taking him off was perfectly logical in my opinion. We have to trust all players and give them all a chance to prove their worth and to be ready when injury means we need to rely on them.