Author Topic: Three way scrap?  (Read 163 times)

Rowley Birkin QC

• citymanc
  • But then I was very, very drunk...
Three way scrap?
« on: September 15, 2018, 22:57:04 »
Early days I know - but I just get a sense this is going to be a season long three way punch out between City, bindippers, and Chelsea.

Really looking forward to it (...and the thought of the rags trailing forlornly after us in our dust!) 

gavin

• Administrator
  • citymanc
Re: Three way scrap?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 09:32:48 »
I see Liverpool as more of a threat but I still think and hope that we will create a clear gap again by spring. Both Chelsea and the scousers have the capacity to lose or drop points in a few games in a row. Pep seems to have the capacity to make sure that that does not happen. We have an incredible mentality that is unmatched in England and has only been matches by Pep's other teams. Just look at the record books in the countries he has managed in.

KunDB

• citymanc
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 12:17:16 »
We have yet to get into the season and the hard grind that is CL & PL and cup games all coming rapidly one after the other. We will see then how resilient the Bindippers and Posh London boys are then, and whether we have the appetite for back to back PL Titles.

Should be interesting, and I would not entirely write off Utd, even thogh they play an ultra boring brand of football.

Neil Mcnab

• citymanc
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 13:58:06 »
I had it between us and the dippers. Forgot Chelsea have had their year off and are ready to compete this year. The title could well hinge on how we do in games against these two.

zacc

• citymanc
  • quelle surprise
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 16:43:09 »
'appy days

Gareth

• citymanc
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 08:54:01 »
Already 2 points lost thanks to Wolves handball goal. If it's going to be close, it'll depend on avoiding dodgy decisions like that one, something that's beyond Pep's control. I'm not sure I believe the "it all evens out in the end" theory.

Paddy

• citymanc
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 15:01:27 »
rags did us a bit of a favour, got Watford out of the way

Kilkenny Blue

• citymanc
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 08:35:40 »
Hate to say it but I think Liverpool will win it this year. Haven't really seen Chelsea play yet but after the Lyon match I'm slightly worried.

bluebrendan

• Administrator
  • citymanc
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 10:12:21 »
Liverpool's next 2 games, Chelsea away and us at home. They'd better not have a 100% record after those two.

gavin

• Administrator
  • citymanc
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 21:03:49 »
Good to hear Manuel sorted Chelsea out just by letting them have the ball down the right but stopping the ball to Hazard. Try doing that to City with Leroy on one side and Raheem on the other, not to mention the world class creative central midfielders  :D

bry the guy

• citymanc
« Reply #10 on: Today at 10:11:35 »
Liverpool play Chelsea twice befor they they play us.