News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Three way scrap?

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, September 15, 2018, 22:57:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

Early days I know - but I just get a sense this is going to be a season long three way punch out between City, bindippers, and Chelsea.

Really looking forward to it (...and the thought of the rags trailing forlornly after us in our dust!) 

gavin

I see Liverpool as more of a threat but I still think and hope that we will create a clear gap again by spring. Both Chelsea and the scousers have the capacity to lose or drop points in a few games in a row. Pep seems to have the capacity to make sure that that does not happen. We have an incredible mentality that is unmatched in England and has only been matches by Pep's other teams. Just look at the record books in the countries he has managed in.

KunDB

We have yet to get into the season and the hard grind that is CL & PL and cup games all coming rapidly one after the other. We will see then how resilient the Bindippers and Posh London boys are then, and whether we have the appetite for back to back PL Titles.

Should be interesting, and I would not entirely write off Utd, even thogh they play an ultra boring brand of football.

Neil Mcnab

I had it between us and the dippers. Forgot Chelsea have had their year off and are ready to compete this year. The title could well hinge on how we do in games against these two.

zacc

Gareth

Already 2 points lost thanks to Wolves handball goal. If it's going to be close, it'll depend on avoiding dodgy decisions like that one, something that's beyond Pep's control. I'm not sure I believe the "it all evens out in the end" theory.

Paddy

rags did us a bit of a favour, got Watford out of the way

Kilkenny Blue

Hate to say it but I think Liverpool will win it this year. Haven't really seen Chelsea play yet but after the Lyon match I'm slightly worried.

bluebrendan

Liverpool's next 2 games, Chelsea away and us at home. They'd better not have a 100% record after those two.

gavin

Good to hear Manuel sorted Chelsea out just by letting them have the ball down the right but stopping the ball to Hazard. Try doing that to City with Leroy on one side and Raheem on the other, not to mention the world class creative central midfielders  :D

bry the guy

Liverpool play Chelsea twice befor they they play us.

bluebrendan

Quote from: bry the guy on September 24, 2018, 10:11:35
Liverpool play Chelsea twice befor they they play us.
Ok Mr Pedantic, next two league games.  :P

bry the guy

lee

once the dippers lose salad and mane to injury then we shall see

goat

fuckin hell, if they get injured there will be a candle shortage in the country

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Just to add to the bindipper, how the fook did Salah win Fifa goal of the year? It didn't even win PL goal of the month!

As seen on social media, there is plenty of unity around the world who agree that it is a shocking decision. How Bale didn't win the Fifa or Uefa goal of the year is madness!!

lee

Quote from: goat on September 26, 2018, 09:50:33
fuckin hell, if they get injured there will be a candle shortage in the country

lol

welington_williammm

Liverpool's defense is shaky, they might loose some games due to last minute goals, whereas city are well above them our attack is more organized and the movement on and off the ball is almost perfect.Whereas Chelsea are lacking a consistent goal scoring striker although this situation could be overcome by the January transfer window but it might be late till then.

gavin

Yes, I see City starting to pull away soon. Liverpool have some tough games coming up. Chelsea are already dropping off.

Paddy

I will stick my neck out and forecast that we will continue to lead until the end. I can see us unbeaten CHAMPS !!!. "Come on City"