News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Liverpool Match Thread

Started by gavin, October 07, 2018, 15:32:50

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI | Ederson, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Mendy, Fernandinho, Silva (C), Bernardo, Mahrez, Sterling, Aguero

SUBS | Muric, Danilo, Kompany, Sané, Otamendi, Jesus, Foden

KunDB

Wonder what attacks on coach they have planned for today?

CITY XI | Ederson, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Mendy, Fernandinho, Silva (C), Bernardo, Mahrez, Sterling, Aguero

SUBS | Muric, Danilo, Kompany, Sané, Otamendi, Jesus, Foden

C'mon City, only 3 points at stake not PL title but would be nice to win them and wipe the smugness of their fans faces.

gavin

I'd sooner see Sane start than Mahrez but please to see Raheem start. Come on City.

gavin

Mahrez should be shot. If you insist on taking it you have to score.

Paddy

Mahrez. Why did we sign him, such a load of shite. He is arrogant, selfish and witless. Who let him take that penalty, anybody but him

Paddy

On the bright side, we are still top and the bin dippers have dropped a place. We were the best team at Anfield, and we will have Kevin back after the break

gavin

Reasonable performance and result. But that penalty moment just makes me fume.

Rowley Birkin QC

Mahrez has one of the worst penalty taking records in the Prem! What the hell was anyone thinking then?

Neil Mcnab

They showed his penalty record before he took it, I think it was 3 misses, two successful. Just on that, there is no way he should have taken it. 0-0, who predicted that? No one. Pep got it right.

Otherwise Mahrez wasnt bad, shit happens.

Swiss

Mahrez had a decent game and was more threatening than the other forwards, bar sane winning the pen

goat

rodney mahrez or riyad marsh?

gavin

Still gutted. We're in a decent position but it would have been an incredible win and position had we won.

KunDB

What worries me the most is Pep saying he was courageous to step up for the penalty and will not miss next time. Pep I dont know a fraction of what you know about football, but a player who has missed 4 of his last 6 pealties has shown they do not have what it takes. Steely calm and resolve to take penalties. Think again for the sake of the team and Marhez himself, confidence does not equate to clinical. Also it is so unfair on Jesus who is a good penalty taker and team player.

Gareth

If I recall correctly one of Mahrez's recent misses was at the Etihad when he took a double-hit from the spot. I was in the SSL and from there you couldn't see anything wrong and it looked like he had scored, it was only when they showed it on the big screen you could see the deflection.
It seems a bit strange to me that anyone good enough to play as a professional can't take a good penalty. Fair enough, good keepers may save the odd one, but no shame for the taker in that. But rank bad penalties... wtf? Surely Pep is a good enough coach to do something about it, or else leave Kun on the pitch to do the job.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Jesus should have took I reckon, if it was in regards to pulling rank then he still should have took as he's been at the club longer and it shouldn't have been based on cos Mahrez is older than him.

Swiss

Quote from: KunDB on October 09, 2018, 23:08:27
What worries me the most is Pep saying he was courageous to step up for the penalty and will not miss next time. Pep I dont know a fraction of what you know about football, but a player who has missed 4 of his last 6 pealties has shown they do not have what it takes. Steely calm and resolve to take penalties. Think again for the sake of the team and Marhez himself, confidence does not equate to clinical. Also it is so unfair on Jesus who is a good penalty taker and team player.

You can either destroy someone's confidence and publically humiliate them... or stand behind your team, help them through the bad times. Doesn't mean mahrez is taking the next one though ;-)

Missing a pen, though important to the context of the game, isn't worthy of a lynch mob.

Lekos

Jesus a good penalty taker?  Took 3 last season and missed 2. 

Lekos

Quote from: Swiss on October 11, 2018, 23:36:27
You can either destroy someone's confidence and publically humiliate them... or stand behind your team, help them through the bad times. Doesn't mean mahrez is taking the next one though ;-)

Missing a pen, though important to the context of the game, isn't worthy of a lynch mob.

What that chap said

KunDB

Quote from: Swiss on October 11, 2018, 23:36:27

No you are right no point in publicaaly embarrassing a player, I like that Pep stands by his players. I hope you are right and Mahrez is quietly dropped from spot kicks and no in the context of the season the miss will probably not count for much.

gavin

I will be cheering him at the game but my opinion is still that a pro footballer should be ashamed of that.